china early 42' (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

lolz -> china early 42' (12/8/2010 6:14:47 PM)

Im playing PBEM as allies and i have no idea what to do in china,i really dont know much about strategy in china.
and i have zero knowledge about the war in china in real and in game.
what should i do? what strategy to apply?
if you dont mind, please reply in PM.
appreciate any help.

Schanilec -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 7:04:13 PM)

Sit back and defend your key cities and bases. Move some troops where needed. Build forts. Turn off damaged industries. Make sure your cities and bases are garrisoned enough to keep the guerilla forces from wreaking havoc. Watch your supplies.
And then possibly you can make a couple of local attacks after the IJA gets weakened enough from thier attacks or where they are weak already.

That's my two cents anyway.

cookie monster -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 8:29:15 PM)

What I do is defend the industry centres. I pull back units to a defendable line.

Ichang can be taken early with your prepared divisions, the Japanese garrision is not enough.

Expect an attack in the north around Chengchow. You can match the Jap Assault value in the north if you move quickly enough.

Chickenboy -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 8:30:51 PM)

PM sent.

bigred -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 9:03:02 PM)

beautiful screen shot lotz!!

crsutton -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 10:32:29 PM)

I won't send a PM since this advice is all pretty common knowledge.

1. Your forces are very weak at start and will not stand up to Japanese forces in any sort of open terrain. Vs a good opponent who is using troops drawn from Manchuko you will eventually lose virtually all of China that is not in rough terrain. So your first action should be a general "bug out" from exposed areas (costal China) where large number of troops can be cut off. It is OK to lose troops because units come back in 30 day to Chunking and they sometimes come back stronger-but with low morale. However, you do not want to lose massive chunks of troops. You do want to delay.

2. Look to delay and then defend on river lines as you work your way back to good solid defensive positions. Don't hesitate to leave some units in the enemy rear as they can cause headaches and disrupt his timetable.

3. Do not build fortifications and airbases at every point. You do not have enough supply. Pick you main points of defense and fortify there. Be careful about replacments as well. Replacements eat supply so go easy. Training pilots eat supply and the Chinese air force in 1942 just gives victory points to Japan. Protect your air force.

4. Never change your target "prep" destinations for any unit. Keep all infantry units set for the location that they start the game at. Reason is you do not start to train and gain experience until you are prepped 100% (you do not have to be in that location) for a specific location. Your unit experierienc blows at start. Once a unit is fully prepped for a location they will start to train up and eventually get to a 45 to 50 exp level. These are the units that will stop the Japanese in good terrain. Once you have trained up a unit then you can change the prep for it.

5. Always keep a good strong reserve in Chunking. You will need them to avert disaster.

6. You have a number of units that are not restricted and can be bought out. Use them in battle, and then when they are depleted, buy them out (very cheaply) then fly them to India. Rebuild them in India where you can use British supply. Then fly them back in or save them for an offensive into Burma. It is not a bad idea to buy out Chinese air units and train them in India as well

8 You must hold Imphal, Ledo, and in China-Paoshan, Kumming and the road to Chunking. If you have too, give up territory elsewhere but don't lose this line. You got to fly supply into China until you can take Burma back. If he cuts your air supply line to India, then you are dead.

9. If your opponent knows his stuff, you are not going to win the war in China. However, you need to survive so that he does not free up large amount of troops to fight in the Pacific.

10. One tactical oddity. Sometimes defending cities does not work as there is supply issue that drains supply from heavily defended cities. Plan to defend right in front of the cities or right behind them where supply seems to flow normally.

11. Beware of Japanese tank units. They are stronger than they should be because they can cross any sort of terrain and still stay in supply. You have no mobile units to counter them and no AT assets. If they get into your rear, you are screwed.

12. One house rule I think is a must. No strategic bombing of factories and resources in China by either side until at least 1944. If he is allowed to bomb your factories then you will lose China.

pws1225 -> RE: china early 42' (12/8/2010 11:54:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lolz

Im playing PBEM as allies and i have no idea what to do in china,i really dont know much about strategy in china.
appreciate any help.

I have the same question as lotz, except from the Japanese side. I am about to start a PBEM game as a first time Japanese player and have no experience with China at all. What are reasonable goals for this theater: victory in China to allow troops to move to other theaters, use China simply as a source for resources to be shipped back to the HI, something else I haven't thought of yet?

If you don't mind, please respond in the clear. My cryptography skills have long since atrophied (along with my typing and spelling skills if they ever existed).

topeverest -> RE: china early 42' (12/9/2010 3:37:57 AM)

To add to CR Suttons point 8, pull as much of your early war surplus from the Rangoon area into China via the stockpiling walk.  Be very careful in you attacks.  it will eat up precious supply.  Also to add to your air supply requirements, you should have as many transport planes as you can reasonably afford flying supply in from Ledo / India.  Every point will count - so don't skimp

crsutton -> RE: china early 42' (12/9/2010 2:36:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: lolz

appreciate any help.

I have the same question as lotz, except from the Japanese side. I am about to start a PBEM game as a first time Japanese player and have no experience with China at all. What are reasonable goals for this theater: victory in China to allow troops to move to other theaters, use China simply as a source for resources to be shipped back to the HI, something else I haven't thought of yet?

If you don't mind, please respond in the clear. My cryptography skills have long since atrophied (along with my typing and spelling skills if they ever existed).

I can't really provide much here but I will say that my game started as soon as AE was released. There were some major bugs that are now fixed that allowed a distinct advantage to the Japanese player. Now that these have been fixed, I seriously doubt that China can be taken out of the war if your opponent knows how to play. But with a large commitment of troops (meaning most everything you pull out of Manchuria) you can take just about everything but a few key cities. Then you reach a point where you need to decide when and where to go over to an active defense to hold what you have and keep the Chinese starving.

Personally I think that if you are able to deny the air supply route to the Chinese by closing Northern Indian air bases or cutting the supply route to Chunking, that you will pretty much close down China. The key is denying supply to the Chinese and that is really all you need to do. Without supply, there is no threat.

dr.hal -> RE: china early 42' (12/9/2010 3:19:00 PM)

Paul, I think the reversal of CR Sutton's 12 points given above would be a starting point, especially with the post above as added emphasis. This theater of operation is going to be a learning experience for all. Hal

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI