Evacuating factories (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Neal_MLC -> Evacuating factories (12/10/2010 11:21:43 PM)

I may be reading something into the manual that isn't there. Can I manually move factories? the manual implies that I can but I can't find the mechanics on how to do it.

Great_Ajax -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/10/2010 11:25:03 PM)

See page 65 in the manual.

Trey

Flaviusx -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/10/2010 11:26:26 PM)

You need to click the little factory icon to highlight in red those cities with potential sites to be railed out. Then put the game into rail mode. Then select the city name in the display on the right. This pulls up a menu of the factories in the location. You can rail these out subject to your limits, and right click the distination city. Possible locations for factory arrivals are highlighted in green.

Neal_MLC -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 3:08:03 AM)

Ok, I finally figured it out. I was missing clicking on the city name in the upper right hand corner. It is small and easy to miss, fo r me any way. Thanks for the help

Colin_slith -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 5:27:20 AM)

You can evacuate factories?

Wow this game is incredible.

Sabre21 -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 6:04:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinFrancis

You can evacuate factories?

Wow this game is incredible.

Only as the Soviets [:)]

PyleDriver -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 6:08:14 AM)

You will think increditible when you have to balance troops moving west and factories moving east. This is a true task of timing...

Jim D Burns -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 7:30:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neal_MLC

Ok, I finally figured it out. I was missing clicking on the city name in the upper right hand corner. It is small and easy to miss, fo r me any way. Thanks for the help

One thing I learned after some early frustration. Deselect all ground units in the right panel before you try and move the factories, otherwise you'll be limited to moving to cities in range of those units max rail range only. It would be nice if units were not selected when the factory icon is depressed and players click on a city.

Jim

Neal_MLC -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/11/2010 3:36:00 PM)

Thanks for that little bit of advice. That would have caused a great deal of frustration for me as well.

Swayin -> RE: Evacuating factories (12/14/2010 8:01:54 PM)

Was just about to post this same question - knew I could do it but couldn't figure out how ... thanks again to Flavius for the answer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI