Issues with American Infantry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Garand Enthusiast -> Issues with American Infantry (12/15/2010 8:02:24 PM)

Hi, I'm probably not a familiar face to people here, as I have just registered on this forum. I purchased the JTCS games a couple of years ago, and I've been playing them off and on since then.

I did notice a few issues about American infantry when playing, though. First, I noticed that there are now separate units for early war and late war infantry (Rifle Platoon 42 and Rifle Platoon 44). However, the stock late-war scenarios still use the '42 rifle platoons, which have much weaker anti-tank capabilities than their 44 counterparts. Is there any way of fixing this, other than by manually editing each and every post-1944 scenario with American infantry in it? (something that seems less than desirable to me...)

This same problem applies to American paratroopers. In the Screaming Eagles LCG, I noticed that throughout the campaign, your core units have the 1942-era paratroopers, which have no anti-tank capability worth mentioning. This is not the same as in the pre-Matrix version of CS, where these units did have hard attack capabilities. I don't even want to think about how badly the Battle of the Bulge scenarios would go with these units....

Lastly, I'm just curious, but what exactly was the reasoning behind reducing the max SP's of US paratroopers from 6 SP to 4 or 5 SP? (Other than making things harder for me!)

Thanks for any feedback.

Huib -> RE: Issues with American Infantry (12/16/2010 10:32:04 AM)

Your problem description is correct. It is very easy to repair in a text editor, but we have do so for the old stock scns for the next patch.

The reasoning of reducing 6 sp to 4 sp US paratroopers is none. I think that was an error from Jason, but I'll let him explain. I corrected the described issues for some of my own scenarios prior to 1.04. We should have done that for all scenarios.

Huib

Jason Petho -> RE: Issues with American Infantry (12/16/2010 5:17:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Garand Enthusiast

Lastly, I'm just curious, but what exactly was the reasoning behind reducing the max SP's of US paratroopers from 6 SP to 4 or 5 SP? (Other than making things harder for me!)

The TO/E for the '42 Parachute platoon was 2 squads + a mortar squad per platoon. Hence 4 SP's, where 1 SP equal half a squad.

The TO/E for the (December) '44 Paracute platoon was increased to 3 squads + a mortar squad and should be 6 SP's.

Jason Petho

Garand Enthusiast -> RE: Issues with American Infantry (12/16/2010 8:15:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Huib

Your problem description is correct. It is very easy to repair in a text editor, but we have do so for the old stock scns for the next patch.

That's good news. I'm glad this fix will be included in the next patch. In the meantime, I'll have to see what kind of excitement the other fronts have to offer before I do the American scenarios. One other question though, will this fix also be extended to LCG's, like the aforementioned 101st Airborne one?

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI