HQ question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

robarrieta -> HQ question (12/15/2010 11:30:54 PM)

Kudos on a great game guys. Quick question- is there a requirement for army and army group hq's to be a certain distance from their subordinated units in order to provide support (similar to the 5 hex corps hq / division distance)? If so, which units would be considered the subordinated units to army hq's?

henri51 -> RE: HQ question (12/15/2010 11:37:07 PM)

My understanding is that a unit can be supplied if it is BOTH within 5 hexes of its HQ and 20 hexes from a railhead. A HQ can be supplied if it is BOTH within 25 hexes from its superior HQ and 100 hexes from a railhead. At least that is what I understood from the manual.Both conditions of the unit and HQ must be satisfied. If a unit cannot be supplied this way, it can get supplies directly from a railhead if it is less than 25 hexes away (as if it were a HQ).Otherwise the unit can be supplied by air.

But note that within those limits, the further away you are, the fewer supplies you will get, as explained in the manual and in another thread.

Henri

elmo3 -> RE: HQ question (12/16/2010 1:15:26 AM)

Units are subordinate to an HQ only if they are directly assigned to it.

jomni -> RE: HQ question (12/16/2010 2:24:14 AM)

Its in page 148 of the manual.

Command range in Hexes:
High Command 90
Army Group 45
Army 15
Corps 5

I would suppose the Army HQ's subbordinates would be the Corps HQs.

There are also visual cues such that you don't have to memorize these numbers.
1) Subbordinate units should be highlighted blue if in range and red if not.
2) In the Subbordinate unit's info in the unit bar at the right, you can see parent HQ's name. It has numbers like this (X/XX). X is range from it's higher HQ, XX is the max range to provide support. (p. 59)

Zort -> RE: HQ question (12/16/2010 2:58:32 AM)

Those are command ranges not supply. Page 266

In order to receive supply, a combat unit first attempts to trace a path to the headquarters
unit to which it is attached. The combat unit must be within both five hexes and twenty MPs
of the applicable headquarters unit. In order for a headquarters unit to provide supply to its
attached combat and support units, it in turn must be within both 25 hexes and 100 MPs of
a railhead. If a combat unit cannot trace an eligible path to its headquarters unit, it will then
attempt to trace a path to a railhead as if it was a headquarters unit, i.e. within both 25 hexes
and 100 MPs of the railhead.

robarrieta -> RE: HQ question (12/16/2010 3:22:59 AM)

Thanks guys. The answers on both command range and supply are helpful.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI