Road to Smolensk bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Sherban_MatrixForum -> Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 1:39:42 AM)

In the Road to Smolensk scenario, the LVI and XXXXI Panzer Corps in the North have 0 supply and 0 fuel. They are also withdrawn on turn 2, so what's the deal considering that with no supply they cannot reaaly be used on turn 1?

Flaviusx -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 1:54:13 AM)

Not a bug. These are Army Group North forces temporarily included in the scenario to help the German breakthrough during the surprise attack. They get withdrawn afterwards, representing their advance in the direction of Leningrad.

Sherban_MatrixForum -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 1:58:34 AM)

I was thinking that might be the reason. But why include them at all with 0 supply/fuel? Withdrawing them should have been enough, shoudn't it?

Flaviusx -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 2:01:13 AM)

Yeah, zero supply thing might be an oversight. Not sure. Nobody ever caught that because it mostly doesn't matter, the mech units start with their full 50 mps and get the job done before they withdraw.

Sherban_MatrixForum -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 2:05:07 AM)

Well, they certainly push the first front line Soviet unit with ease. However, although this is a hasty attack, most their MPs are spent afterwards (probably due to no fuel/supply), so they cannot be used for a second attack anylonger.

Sabre21 -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 3:05:59 AM)

No, it's not an oversight but as designed. That was brought up a while back I recall on the tester forum. I know it looks odd and don't see why those Hq's couldn't have had extra fuel/supplies/ammo assigned to them but since they move off on turn 2 it wasn't considered all that necessary. Walt or Joel could probably answer why better than me on this one.

Joel Billings -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 3:09:36 AM)

The 0 supply/fuel/ammo is a known bug on our list. I've seen a tester post that it has no impact on these units on turn 1, although I would expect that having 0 ammo would have an impact in combats.

Zaratoughda -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 12:56:46 PM)

I believe this occurred during one of the times where the scenarios were frozen and worked on with the campaign games, and I was told it was gonna get fixed automatically but I imagine the bug has to do with this not happenning.

So, I manually fixed the problem (was all of 4PG in both RtS and RtM) and have sent you the new scenario files.

Because these units get withdrawn after a turn or two it is not a big deal but still should be fixed.

Zaratoughda

Zaratoughda -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 1:01:12 PM)

Hmmm... checked these scenarios (been a while) and, all of 4PG gets withdrawn on turn 2 so, this problem should be more of a confusion factor than anything else. In any case, it should be fixed next time these scenarios are released.

Zaratoughda

Magnum88 -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 3:55:33 PM)

4 PzG is very useful even for only one turn. They can isolate almost all the Soviet units east of the Daugava allowing the remaining infantry divisions to mop them up on Turn 2.

Zaratoughda -> RE: Road to Smolensk bug? (12/17/2010 8:11:30 PM)

That's pretty much what the AI does in the campaign game. 4PG, then heads north.

Zaratoughda

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI