RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

junk2drive -> RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (12/22/2010 2:49:38 AM)

I started with A&A also not counting Stratego and Risk.

google TripleA if you haven't seen it already.

hgilmer3 -> RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (12/22/2010 3:05:57 AM)

Tell me about taking a year to learn! I think so!

ilovestrategy -> RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (12/22/2010 5:05:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott900091

I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the wargaming genre. Go ahead and laugh but my first game that I got into was the Axis&Allies boardgame, not really a true wargame but after doing my research into WWII the game began to seriously annoy me at how fake it was. Then I discovered Gary Grigsby's World at War and found the game to be a great introduction to real wargaming without being to intimidating with a million rules. After that was Gary's AWD and now I just bought WWII Time of Wrath.

Maybe I'm getting older but I find the 2D games to be much better and realistic over the fancy high end 3D games anyday. So yes older people can be converted to war games[:)] But I have to admit some of the games on here like War In the East looks so massive it would probably take me a year to learn how to play.

Gary Grigsbys World at War was my first PC wargame. I had played strategy games in the past like the Civ games and Ascendancy but I consider World at War my first true PC wargame. And the only reason I found out about it was because it was on a shelf in Best Buy. [:D]

V22 Osprey -> RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (12/22/2010 6:43:49 AM)

quote:

I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the wargaming genre. Go ahead and laugh but my first game that I got into was the Axis&Allies boardgame, not really a true wargame but after doing my research into WWII the game began to seriously annoy me at how fake it was. Then I discovered Gary Grigsby's World at War and found the game to be a great introduction to real wargaming without being to intimidating with a million rules. After that was Gary's AWD and now I just bought WWII Time of Wrath.

Maybe I'm getting older but I find the 2D games to be much better and realistic over the fancy high end 3D games anyday. So yes older people can be converted to war games[:)] But I have to admit some of the games on here like War In the East looks so massive it would probably take me a year to learn how to play.

Yes, but remember what I said. I was talking about people who only know Call of Duty. And believe it or not the average kid isn't playing Axis and Allies either.

junk2drive -> RE: Five Wargames you SHOULD play (12/23/2010 1:43:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

quote:

Yes, but remember what I said. I was talking about people who only know Call of Duty. And believe it or not the average kid isn't playing Axis and Allies either.

I'm going to Yorba Linda, down the 15 and over on the 91. Is it dry yet?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI