V1.01 loves AC3Filter (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Sytass -> V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/19/2010 5:30:40 PM)

Hi, not a gamebreaker, but a minor annoyance. I have AC3Filter as audio decoder installed on my system.

(see http://ac3filter.net/ for reference)

It seems whenever WITE plays a new sound effect it opens a new instance of it in my taskbar and leaves it open (I can open/adjust every single instance.)

E.g. when starting the game, clicking the mouse (and hearing the corresponding effect) opens it once - more clicking doesn't close add any more, though. Then, e.g. doing airfield bombardments opens it again. Movement, battles etc. all add to it. I noticed it when I alt-tabbed after my first turn in the Road to Minsk scenario (still learning the game) and found half my taskbar occupied by the Status bar. [X(]

This is what it looks like after opening a scenario, bombing an airfield, fighting a battle and moving a few units.

[image]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2149/statusbar.jpg[/image]

All those instances shut down propely when I close WITE. I see no ill effects from this weirdness, but it's kind of irritating. [;)]

Apollo11 -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/19/2010 7:13:19 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sytass

Hi, not a gamebreaker, but a minor annoyance. I have AC3Filter as audio decoder installed on my system.

(see http://ac3filter.net/ for reference)

It seems whenever WITE plays a new sound effect it opens a new instance of it in my taskbar and leaves it open (I can open/adjust every single instance.)

E.g. when starting the game, clicking the mouse (and hearing the corresponding effect) opens it once - more clicking doesn't close add any more, though. Then, e.g. doing airfield bombardments opens it again. Movement, battles etc. all add to it. I noticed it when I alt-tabbed after my first turn in the Road to Minsk scenario (still learning the game) and found half my taskbar occupied by the Status bar. [X(]

This is what it looks like after opening a scenario, bombing an airfield, fighting a battle and moving a few units.

[image]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2149/statusbar.jpg[/image]

All those instances shut down propely when I close WITE. I see no ill effects from this weirdness, but it's kind of irritating. [;)]

I have been using AC3 Filter for years on all of my computers...

I have never ever seen this behavior in my 20+ months of WitE testing...

Leo "Apollo11"

mmarquo -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/19/2010 7:26:29 PM)

I have disabled the sound folder and the game plays like a dream - except for the friggin' mouse issue which really blows.

Sytass -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/19/2010 7:26:48 PM)

Well, I've been using AC3 for years, too, and haven't seen any other app doing this. :)

I did NOT have the issue with V1.00, though, so I'm guessing it's something that happened in the patch.

P.S.: I had sluggish mouse behavior in V1.00, and this has been cleared by the patch. Guess I should just rename the sound folder for now.

Nikel -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/19/2010 9:22:56 PM)

Here was happening also with v1.00 and is not exclusive of WitE.

In AC3filter settings uncheck PCM, that setting will post-process all the sounds, and you are done [:)]

Sytass -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/20/2010 7:09:17 AM)

Ah, thanks for the info! :)

Apollo11 -> RE: V1.01 loves AC3Filter (12/20/2010 8:48:28 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikel

Here was happening also with v1.00 and is not exclusive of WitE.

In AC3filter settings uncheck PCM, that setting will post-process all the sounds, and you are done [:)]

Ahhh... so that's what the "Sytass" was using... good catch... [:D]

BTW, I never thought of configuring "AC3 Filter" to handle all kind of sounds... I just keep it for surround in movies...

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI