Permission to use Distant Worlds Graphics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Slyke57 -> Permission to use Distant Worlds Graphics (12/30/2010 10:57:24 AM)

I'm not sure exactly where to contact the right people, but I want to have a go at making a Flash Animation about Distant Worlds and DW:ROTS using the Distant Worlds and DW:ROTS Graphics included with the games.

I didn't want to spend countless hours on it for it to be an issue in the end.
There would be no profit what so ever, it would only be a fan made video for fun.
Proper links would be displayed to Matrix Games, CodeForce, and any other links or requests like a direct link to download ;)
In no way would I claim any graphics, art, storyline or would I reveal spoilers.
I will however be adding my own custom images and most likely be making my own storyline to go with the animation.

I would basically be using every image in the game, the explosions, ships, weapons, races.
I would also like to use the sound files, my main goal is to have a video that is directly influenced by Distant Worlds awesome gameplay. With the addition of some things that doesn't exist in Distant worlds, my own custom images and sounds.

I want to get an official Okay from the right people before I release it, to avoid any surprises that someone may not very much enjoy.

Thanks for reading,
Jaimie Deknibber.

BigWolfChris -> RE: Permission to use Distant Worlds Graphics (12/30/2010 1:45:32 PM)

Not an official answer, but if it's for a non-profit fan made video, I would be surprised if there would be an issue

Since Erik is often on these forums, he should be able to either give an official answer or pass the request along to Elliot (who sometimes visits the forums himself actually)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Permission to use Distant Worlds Graphics (12/30/2010 6:18:56 PM)

No problem, go right ahead Jamie and I'm glad that Distant Worlds has inspired you!

Slyke57 -> RE: Permission to use Distant Worlds Graphics (12/30/2010 9:16:11 PM)

Awesome, thanks alot Erik!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI