Installing under Linux (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

rockfeet -> Installing under Linux (12/31/2010 7:59:50 AM)

Managed to get the game to run in Linux using wine 1.3.10, everything seems to be working, except the sound which is very choppy and the tutorial which has white blobs over the entire map. Used winetricks to install directmusic which removes most wine errors... though my sound problems could be due to Pulseaudio.
Not sure about the performance, seems to be running OK though have not played a big campaign, still just getting my head around the interface and the manual. Not compared with windows, but I have a high spec machine with 4Gb of RAM and i7 core CPU, so hopefully should be up for the job..

Have placed an entry in the wine database at wineHQ.

sanderz -> RE: Installing under Linux (7/5/2011 9:44:58 PM)

Hi

I just tried this in Ubuntu 11.04 and it seems to work - added msadp32.acm in winecfg as native windows as recommended on another forum to help with sound issues.

Seems to work ok, though slow, but then i have installed it on an old PC which ain't up to my normal i7 PC so it could just be that.

However - i do have a major problem in that i can't install the patch - if i try and run it in Wine i get the error "irsetup: failed to open output file".

Anyone any suggestions on how to get this to work?

thanks

rotfront1918 -> RE: Installing under Linux (8/1/2011 11:07:48 PM)

Any news from the linux front? Works nicely with 1.00 (running Ubuntu 11.04), but I'm also not able to update the game...

bwheatley -> RE: Installing under Linux (12/15/2011 5:44:15 PM)

Ya it's being weird for me now too with the latest update and i'm still trying to find a way around it :(

delatbabel -> RE: Installing under Linux (12/29/2011 5:12:33 AM)

1.05.45 won't work for me under Wine using Ubuntu 11.10. The game menu loads but the game itself "reports a serious error" then closes. I did try winetricks directmusic as well as adding a native msadp32.acm, didn't help. It also crashes under Virtualbox but seems to run OK under the latest VMware, although very slowly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI