infantrie dug in (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Marder_MatrixForum -> infantrie dug in (12/16/2000 3:05:00 AM)

In the early version (1.0) the infantry was dug in the ground and not surrounded with sandsacks. In my opinion this looked more realistic, especially for small inf units (panzerschreck) Isnīt it possible that man can chose in a new version between sandsacks and the old ones?

Warhorse -> (12/16/2000 3:13:00 AM)

Well, I had lobbied for this, but I guess it was too much to put in, with everything else going on!! The icon you refer to is still in the icon mix, it would need to be placed in the space the sandbags do now. In my personal instaal, I have replaced the bags with an entrenchment icon, which I prefer. I had wanted the infantry to use the old dug in icon, and vehicles and guns would use the bags, but this is what we have, so... ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

ZDose -> (12/16/2000 3:13:00 AM)

After reading this board for 3-4 months I finally bothered to register. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I agree with Marder, infantry in trenches looked much better. And if possible, it would be nice to see longer trenches, i.e. so that infantry company that is side to side would be in one big.

bchapman -> (12/16/2000 4:28:00 AM)

Mike, Could you tell us the #'s of the icons, both the old entrenched and newer sandbag, in case we would like to change them. Thanks, Bascom

Warhorse -> (12/16/2000 4:33:00 AM)

Well, they don't have actual numbers, they are coded in, later tonite when I get home and check out the files, I'll let you know which one, sound good? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

bchapman -> (12/16/2000 5:59:00 AM)

Mike, Sounds great. Don't stay up late on my account though. Just headed to work myself. I would like to thank you for all the work you've put in on this game. Bascom

Warhorse -> (12/16/2000 7:52:00 AM)

Bascom, it's in file 0014, if you use shpedit, open the file, click 'view collage' and the bottom row are the sanbags, you would need to replace both those with the one on the next page on the bottom, the old entrenchment. If you've never worked with shpedit, it might be intimidating, but just back up a file, and experiment! After the Holidays, I may have the guys post some icon files I've done as far as entrenchments, don't want to add extra work for anyone at this time of year!! Take care. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Flashfyre -> (12/16/2000 10:39:00 AM)

quote:

And if possible, it would be nice to see longer trenches, i.e. so that infantry company that is side to side would be in one big.
Unfortunately, there is a terrain for trenches. You can make a whole network, in the map editor, of trenches. These work as defensive positions, like entrenchment(sandbags) hexes. So, to see a squad in little trenches in the hex, sitting in a Trench hex, would look screwy, I think. ------------------ The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@cvn.net[/email]

Marder_MatrixForum -> (12/16/2000 7:19:00 PM)

yes you are right, but this isnīt possiple in campaigns or fast battles, where i canīt change maps (moreover it would be a lot of work) So my question: Couldnīt there be a coice possibility in future versions between sandsacks or just foxholes (from the version 1.0) This is as iīve said in my opinion more realistic because in old documentations about the east war the infantry often where just dug-in in fox holes and didnīt have the time for surrounding them with so much sandbags.

Don Doom -> (12/16/2000 10:18:00 PM)

WARHORSE: Would it be possible after the first of January, that a change be added to the map editor to include, trenches, minor to medium fortification, maybe some medival emplacements or forts/casles. I guess that's enough for now. Don

Warhorse -> (12/17/2000 12:08:00 AM)

Don, I'll look into it, depends on some other obligations, but... Unfortunately Nick Papp was the esteemed terrain artist, I only did the trees, gullies, and orchards, so althought the artwork itself presents no problem, the alignment process of the terrain is tricky, so I'll see what I can come up with [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

bchapman -> (12/17/2000 3:14:00 AM)

Thanks for the info, Mike. This will give me something to play around with on these rainy/icey/snowy days. Bascom

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI