Addl German Vehicle Graphics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

RedLancer -> Addl German Vehicle Graphics (1/3/2011 6:51:43 PM)

For anyone who is interested here are the graphics in a zip for some vehicles I am planning to add. I have tagged them with slot locations so that we might be able to start standardising any modding changes to the generic files.

0450 - Dickermax
0451 - Sturer Emil
0452 - Panther F
0453 - Sturmpanther
0454 - Coelian (SP Flak on Panther chassis)
0455 - SdKfz 165/1 (105mm SP Arty on PzIV Chassis)
0456 - Kugelblitz
0457 - sIG33 Hetzer

Now I know what I'm doing I am open to requests but will need a steer on where to find the starting pics to convert.

bcgames -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (1/3/2011 11:28:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

I have tagged them with slot locations so that we might be able to start standardising any modding changes to the generic files.

Yes, this is a good idea. The requirement to make mods (new devices, units, leaders, etc.) using the generic files "to make things stick" is going to be a problem. Somebody somewhere is working on a scenario that will overwrite somebody else's work. This is going to be a real bug magnet.

WilliePete -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (2/9/2011 11:56:50 PM)

Hello Red,

Nice work on thre pics! I'm going to use your pics and the info Jaw posted to add new vehicles. However, I noticed that G0455 & G0457 seem to be bugged. They show up as a red "x" in the unit file and crash the game to desk top if you try to add the pic when using the editor. Can you double check these?

By the way, I'm curious what stats you came up with for the vehicles that Jaw did not cover. I'm still curious of the exact formula he use as I don't want to over power anything new I add in the future compared to the current vehicle list.

Thanks!
WP

RedLancer -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (2/10/2011 5:57:06 PM)

Willie

This is a new zip of the files from my game directory - I too had a crash to desktop but not recently so I hope they're OK - have also redone the sIG33 Hetzer picture as the original was a Aufk 38(t) with 7.5 cm KwK37 (oops) - so don't delete the original if you want to add that too.

I haven't really done much since Jaw posted his data but was planning the following:

sIG33 Hetzer is a Hetzer (no top armour) but with Grille armament.
Coelian is a Panther A with Ostwind armament (increased ACC due to two guns).
Sturmpanther is a Panther A with Brummbar armament in a turret.
165/1 will be a Nashorn with Wespe armament in a turret.
Kugelblitz - ?????

Does this help?

Helpless -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (2/10/2011 6:06:57 PM)

One tip - when you will start adding new ground elements, I suggest not inserting or deleting any slots in ground element table. Otherwise you may shift those "generic types" DUMPS,HI,RESOURCE,OIL,VEHICLES, etc.. Just enter them in those empty slots. Also better not to use slots past 1474.

RedLancer -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (2/21/2011 1:17:41 PM)

Here is an updated set of files. I've also included the art for the Aufk 38t with 75mm KwK37 L/24.

Additionally I've put in the CSV data for the new devices and vehicles so you can add them 'more' easily to your generic files. However you'll need to set the production details and factories to suit if you want them to appear.

WilliePete -> RE: Addl German Vehicle Graphics (2/22/2011 9:12:21 PM)

Sweet! Thanks for keeping up on this!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI