Which files can be deleted after PATCHING? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

humunuku -> Which files can be deleted after PATCHING? (9/4/2002 10:43:22 AM)

I have installed all five UV patches and wish to delete any unnecessary files from the UV folder. I particularly wonder about the following 9 files:

UV-Patch-v110.exe…thru…UV-Patch-v140TU.exe (5 files in the PATCH folder)

UV Patch v1.10 Patch Items.pdf, plus equivalents of 1.11.pdf, 1.20.pdf, and 1.30.pdf (= 4 files)

Are there any other files which I could/should delete, without harming the program?

Thanks in Advance,
Bob Cohen

Supervisor -> Re: Which files can be deleted after PATCHING? (9/4/2002 1:25:26 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by humunuku
[B]I have installed all five UV patches and wish to delete any unnecessary files from the UV folder. I particularly wonder about the following 9 files:

UV-Patch-v110.exe…thru…UV-Patch-v140TU.exe (5 files in the PATCH folder)

UV Patch v1.10 Patch Items.pdf, plus equivalents of 1.11.pdf, 1.20.pdf, and 1.30.pdf (= 4 files)

Are there any other files which I could/should delete, without harming the program?

Thanks in Advance,
Bob Cohen [/B][/QUOTE]As far as I know, you can delete all the patch files after you have installed them, provided that you are willing to re-download them if you re-install. They are just the "install" file for the patch. As for the pdf of the patches, they are just the lists of changes/fixes in the patch. So, if you don't need/want them, there is no reason why you couldn't delete them.

Just a idea...

jhdeerslayer -> (10/13/2002 9:12:27 PM)

As a spin off to this, can all the versions of installs be "removed" from the XP list of removeable programs (in Add/Remove menu in Control Panel) except the 1.4 one?

Marc von Martial -> (10/13/2002 11:27:27 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deerslayer
[B]As a spin off to this, can all the versions of installs be "removed" from the XP list of removeable programs (in Add/Remove menu in Control Panel) except the 1.4 one? [/B][/QUOTE]

No

elmo3 -> (10/14/2002 6:07:08 PM)

As an aside, I've uninstalled the game a couple of times using the Add/Remove menu and it never works properly. At least one patch comes up with an error and remains on the list of programs. I've tried uninstalling in both forward and reverse order but both failed. Not a big deal, but annoying when I'm trying to remove the evidence from my computer at work. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI