A naive question about the UI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Balakirev -> A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 12:18:59 AM)

I've recently bought both the game and the add-on. Love the complexity of it all, but I admit that I find the information interface difficult to manage. The colors are very similar, the font size small (even after trying to lower the resolution to 800 x 600 via the INI). I just wondered if anybody had ever thought to do a mod that changes the colors of the fonts and their backgrounds.

Igard -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 12:56:47 AM)

Hi Balakirev, to my admittedly limited knowledge about modding fonts and text in the game, I don't think it's at all possible to change any of this yet. It's on the modder's wishlist as many other players have voiced their discomfort at reading the game's text.

Balakirev -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 1:05:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Hi Balakirev, to my admittedly limited knowledge about modding fonts and text in the game, I don't think it's at all possible to change any of this yet. It's on the modder's wishlist as many other players have voiced their discomfort at reading the game's text.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm glad to hear I wasn't alone in this. My vision's pretty good--no longer it's old 20/20, but I have to say this is one of the most difficult games to play, due to all the small font detail. And that's really too bad, because it looks like just about the best 4x space strategy title I've yet found; and I've been playing them since the 1980's.

Hopefully, the designers will consider this. I know they have a lot on their plates at the moment, what with the add-on, but perhaps after that.

tjhkkr -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 10:12:00 PM)

Howdy.

You can change some of the colors by changing the race color parameters.
I am not sure if the new modification document is out yet, but the old one shows you how to modify a given race's colors.

Balakirev -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 11:22:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

Howdy.

You can change some of the colors by changing the race color parameters.
I am not sure if the new modification document is out yet, but the old one shows you how to modify a given race's colors.

I'm not sure we're discussing the same thing. I want to change the way text is displayed throughout the game, making it larger, and more of a contrast to the background. Or do I misunderstand what you're saying, above?

WoodMan -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 11:31:53 PM)

I don't think fonts and text style are moddable.  Although personally I have no problem at all reading any of the text in the game, a lot of people have brought this issue up.  It may be something that is fixed in a future patch, simply judging by the number of people having issues with it.

tjhkkr -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/7/2011 11:32:18 PM)

The colors are very similar
You typed that earlier... I sent that as way to try to address the color situation. You are correct, it does not address the font size.
So, no, I have no answer to that... but then I am the lamest regular on the forum...[:D]

Balakirev -> RE: A naive question about the UI (1/8/2011 2:05:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

I don't think fonts and text style are moddable.  Although personally I have no problem at all reading any of the text in the game, a lot of people have brought this issue up.  It may be something that is fixed in a future patch, simply judging by the number of people having issues with it.

We can hope, at least. A game with this much solid, useful information to offer the player deserves to have it read.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI