Can't change my avatar picture (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Oleg Mastruko -> Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 4:41:43 AM)

I have a tech problem with forum and don't know where to ask....

After a longish hiatus I came back to the board after WITE was released and my avatar picture just irritates me. She's a nice girl and all but I'd want to change or remove the pic, but the Forum software won't let me.

I managed to change my PROFILE picture, but, apparently, profile pic is not the same as avatar pic, and avatar pic I can't change.

Am I stuck with Adele's face forever or something can be done?

ilovestrategy -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 6:24:01 AM)

Ummmmmmm, Hmmmmmmm oh sorry I was admiring that goddess. I bet Erik could hook you up with the avatar change. 

allinone -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 6:24:59 AM)

Sometimes there would be something wrong with the system. I guess you may try it again after some days or get help from the moderator. Good luck to you![:)]

sterckxe -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 8:37:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
I'd want to change or remove the pic, but the Forum software won't let me.

That's because it's got heuristic algorythms which have determined that that picture is WAAAAAAY better than your own mug shot [:D]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Josh -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 1:08:04 PM)

Well I'm sorry, but you Avatar picture *has* to stay. [:)]

Obsolete -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 2:33:45 PM)

Mmm, that avatar problem has been like that for a while...  Not sure what's going on there, but I've heard there's search problems going on as well.

My #1 problem though is threads are never properly flagged for new messages, etc.  Now THAT problem has been like that for years on this forum.

bairdlander2 -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 3:25:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: allinone

Sometimes there would be something wrong with the system. I guess you may try it again after some days or get help from the moderator. Good luck to you![:)]

How does a spambot know the topic of discussion?

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 3:30:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe
That's because it's got heuristic algorythms which have determined that that picture is WAAAAAAY better than your own mug shot [:D]

True dat, Eddy, but the girl on the pic just irritates me now (we went through a painful divorce LOL). My Nappy-flavored mugshot on the Profile pic looks fine though [8D]

So, apparently I'll have to live with this avatar pic for a while, since forum software still refuses to change it. It has been like that for couple weeks, I even think I got the whole forum crashed trying to change pic once or twice so it's a serious bug....

Josh -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 3:48:54 PM)

Oh man, she was actually your g/f? Sorry to hear that, have been there too 10 years ago [:(] It sucks.

@ Bairdlander, a spambot isn't necessarily always a spam program, it could very well be an underpayed guy working from... who knows where, spamming the forums.

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 3:59:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh
Oh man, she was actually your g/f? Sorry to hear that, have been there too 10 years ago [:(] It sucks.

LOL this thread gets better and better [:D]

I was joking about the divorce (I thought that much is obvious). She is not my girlfriend, although I am sure my wife would find this amusing. She is professional "adult" star Adele Stephens in case anyone is interested. I put her as avatar pic because it was some sort of a friendly joke on the WITP board at the moment. I don't remember the details though, we were joking about who will find the sexiest looking avatar pic without going "too far" or something like that. I chose a face that tells a thousand words without revealing any of the real female "features".

You should see the rest of the picture LOL

Anyhow now I am stuck with her [:D]

bairdlander2 -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 4:05:54 PM)

Asa Akira is better looking

USSAmerica -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 4:50:10 PM)

Oleg, it's good to see your avatar..... er, I mean you, back on the forums.  [;)]

Yogi the Great -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 4:56:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

You should see the rest of the picture LOL

Qucik - post it now before this is locked. I promise not to laugh. Can't promise not do do something else though.

[sm=00000622.gif]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 5:40:26 PM)

I had a problem once while trying to change an avatar pic. It stayed screwed up for several days or even weeks and then as if by some magic spell it opened itself up again and I got it changed. I was trying to upload a new pic that was too large I think and it really didn't like that.

uncc -> RE: Can't change my avatar picture (1/7/2011 6:06:18 PM)

This thread reminds me of a old movie (can't come up with the name...one of those old war/comedies maybe?)...a sailor was getting married and he had a sexy girl tattoo that all his buddies liked (and were always worried she was going to get wounded), but the girlfriend hated it, etc.. The girlfriend was wanting him to get the tattoo removed or edited....anyway, based on the responses here, maybe you ought to keep Adele [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI