no promotions? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support

conger -> no promotions? (1/7/2011 7:29:41 PM)

a little over half way through the game, hasdrubal lvl 8 defeats crassus lvl 7 in spain and his ranking doesn't go up. not sure if it's suppose to work like this or not, i did save right after that and can email it if need be. thanks in advance

anarchyintheuk -> RE: no promotions? (1/7/2011 8:18:05 PM)

Check Hasdrubal's counter again. I think 8 is his promoted state.

mercenarius -> RE: no promotions? (1/7/2011 9:41:54 PM)

That's correct. Hasdrubal's base command rating is 7 and his promoted rating is 8.

conger -> RE: no promotions? (1/8/2011 3:53:32 AM)

yall are right, sorry about that, got hasdrubal confused with himilco, as i'd used himilco in a prior fight in spain and got the two confused. another quick question, is it possible for one side to run out of commanders, i've killed a lot in my current game (4 or 5 i believe). anyways, love the game and wish to see more titles in a similar vain, mp or not.

mercenarius -> RE: no promotions? (1/8/2011 6:23:11 AM)

Yes, it's possible to run out of commanders. The Carthaginians have a total of 12 leaders, which means that you have 7 replacement leaders. There are 3 Syracusan leaders for each side (3 pro-Carthaginian and 3 pro-Roman), which means that each side has two possible replacement leaders.

There is only one Macedonian leader, and one Numidian leader for each side.

The Romans have a total of 28 possible leaders, but they are not all available at the same time. Some are added as the game goes along and some are retired (unless currently holding office). The Roman leader pool starts with 13 available leaders.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI