The balloon is going up... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Gil R. -> The balloon is going up... (1/13/2011 6:24:23 AM)

I'm pleased to report that there was finally a substantial enough window in our development schedule for Eric to work on the long-awaited patch for COG:EE, and it's a rather substantial one. If you are already a COG:EE tester, man your battle station! It's hard to tell how many from the old gang are still around, so if we're short on testers I'll put out a call for more. But for now, I just wanted to share the promising news.

evwalt -> RE: The balloon is going up... (1/14/2011 3:08:08 PM)

Was there a final list of changes to be worked on?  If so, is it going to be posted anywhere?

Gil R. -> RE: The balloon is going up... (1/15/2011 12:24:11 AM)

We prefer to keep these things internal, especially early in testing. This is to prevent our announcing some wondrous new feature that then gets removed later in testing. As we get further along I'll be able to mention some of the things in there.

evwalt -> RE: The balloon is going up... (1/15/2011 2:31:11 AM)

No problem.  You guys do a great job!

gottagofish -> RE: The balloon is going up... (1/21/2011 3:39:35 AM)

wonderful news there are a few of us still waiting

Reiryc -> RE: The balloon is going up... (2/2/2011 7:09:22 AM)

glad to hear it....ive been playing this and fof quite a bit lately

WallysWorld -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/8/2011 2:47:05 AM)

Any news at all on the patch?

Gil R. -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/8/2011 4:40:34 AM)

No, it's still being actively tested, but I have no estimate on when we'll be able to release it. Some of the changes require a good bit of testing, and our testing team is smaller than it was in its glory days.

WallysWorld -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/8/2011 6:59:46 PM)

Thanks for the update, Gil. Good to hear it's still moving forward.

Vasquez -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/9/2011 6:50:20 PM)

Will the "Bavarian problem" be fixed Gil? In one of the Bavarian campaigns your country had the same goals as sweden (the problem is well known iirc).

Gil R. -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/11/2011 7:06:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vasquez

Will the "Bavarian problem" be fixed Gil? In one of the Bavarian campaigns your country had the same goals as sweden (the problem is well known iirc).

I believe it's on the to-do list.

evwalt -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/16/2011 2:45:47 PM)

Another problem.  I would REALLY recommend turning off the ability of generals to be captured by diplomats.  When you have a general created in enemy territory, it can be arrested before he can even move out!  It is very annoying!

I am not sure how many generals were arrested during this period but I have never heard of any.

evwalt -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/20/2011 3:19:45 PM)

I am 99% sure that the last update change announced a change in the NM loss for Russia to the following: occupation of Moscow -75 NM; occupation of St. Petersburg -75 NM.

After extensive testing, the Russians lose -75 for occupation of Moscow and NOTHING for occupation of St. Petersburg.

06 Maestro -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/21/2011 1:38:41 AM)

Is there any interest in fixing the statistics which apparently have a tendency to go bonkers after about 200 turns?

If someone wanted to look into what might cause this I have the files from the exact turn that this started on in the 109 game-my files anyway. The others might be available too.

evwalt -> RE: The balloon is going up... (3/21/2011 9:55:05 PM)

I would be happy if they fixed the statisics so they were on a fixed scale.  That way, if you get one of those random numbers that seem to pop up sometimes, it wouldn't make the graphs unreadable.  For instance, I think the NM graph is hard coded to not adjust.  That way, if you have one of the spikes, you can still read the graph turns later.

ericbabe -> RE: The balloon is going up... (4/3/2011 5:19:49 PM)

I'll take a look at the St Petersburg thing, thanks.

Some fixed scale for the stats might work.  I'd have to think about what the ranges would be in some cases.

ptan54 -> RE: The balloon is going up... (4/6/2011 8:22:11 PM)

Need any extra testers?

Gil R. -> RE: The balloon is going up... (4/7/2011 10:11:49 PM)

We have a small but dedicated team, but would certainly consider adding 1-3 more. Please p.m. me if interested.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI