Where is patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support

Maros -> Where is patch? (1/16/2011 8:32:40 AM)

I downloaded game month ago and from that time i am stuck in mission 5, everytime i want to load (have only one quick save [:(]) BANG! EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

now i read here about that patch is coming (from december) but where it is?

-Anyway game is funny and i enjoy it much but right now i cant play it because there are many bugs

PhilSST -> RE: Where is patch? (1/17/2011 1:23:28 AM)

It's in the hands of the distributors. Assuming you bought it here, hopefully someone at Matrix will be able to tell you more on the expected release.

Maros -> RE: Where is patch? (1/18/2011 9:52:39 AM)

Ok so you say patch is out, so what are distributors doing? I have to ask someone for patch? [:D]

PhilSST -> RE: Where is patch? (1/18/2011 8:36:30 PM)

I said I'd delivered it to the distributors, not that it was "out". I'm sure there's quality assurance work to be done on Matrix's side. Just because I've tested the patch, doesn't mean that it (necessarily) works with their installers, etc. I'm sure everyone who bought the game will have access to the patch automatically as soon as it's available.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Where is patch? (1/19/2011 1:21:59 AM)

Hi guys,

We are working on it. There a process that takes a few steps and we had a few things in line ahead of this one. We'll get it out to you ASAP. Possibly this week, definitely by next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Maros -> RE: Where is patch? (1/19/2011 7:23:54 AM)

Thanks for info! Are there some changes in patch(tweaks, or perhaps something new) or it is only fixing bugs?

-oh an i had little bug in mission 5 thats why i have to end my game by ctrl+alt+del and it never loaded -i had 2 soldiers in small room and it was enemy turn so he came there and he spent 5 min by turning to each other( turning cost 0 AP so this was endless)

PhilSST -> RE: Where is patch? (1/19/2011 9:34:34 PM)

This 1.01 patch is all about fixing bugs. I was planning to also include the toolkit and documentation for the toolkit but there have been a number of serious bugs found and I decided that it was a priority to get the game working first. There have been a couple of AI bugs fixed, so hopefully that will be sorted now. If it's not, let me know and I'll take another look at it. Do you happen to know which enemy type was causing the problem? The AI scripts are different for each enemy type, and I *think* the bug I fixed was with the Kryllith AI.

Maros -> RE: Where is patch? (1/20/2011 7:39:58 AM)

Yes Kryllith (lizardman), but also why is turning cost 0 AP?And for that toolkit -hope that we(players) can add some new models\maps in future via your toolkit!

PhilSST -> RE: Where is patch? (1/20/2011 8:20:18 PM)

Turning has a zero AP cost for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is that it givea a little flexibility to players who are struggling on a particular level. If you're really in trouble, you can stop and turn for free at every step of the way, and make the game that little bit easier. Players can't really take advantage of it and "cheat" the difficulty level because stopping and turning around all the time would become so cumbersome and clunky that you would never do it unless you really needed to. It just gives players a little bit more wriggle room if they truly need it.

Yes, the toolkit does allow you to use your own models to create new maps. They're supported via the DirectX .X format, which I believe is widely supported in modelling applications.

Maros -> RE: Where is patch? (1/22/2011 6:37:33 PM)

And after i download and install patch my broken save game will work again?

PhilSST -> RE: Where is patch? (1/23/2011 9:13:41 PM)

Both the AI bug and the saved games which crash on loading should be fixed by the patch, even if you have saved games from before the patch, yes. The saved game format has not changed.

Stilletto -> RE: Where is patch? (1/24/2011 4:41:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We are working on it. There a process that takes a few steps and we had a few things in line ahead of this one. We'll get it out to you ASAP. Possibly this week, definitely by next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Anxiously awaiting...

MIGMaster -> RE: Where is patch? (1/26/2011 3:28:08 PM)

+1

Stilletto -> RE: Where is patch? (1/27/2011 3:53:46 PM)

It's Thursday. "Next Week" is rapidly running out. Is the patch still coming this week? I'm in a holding pattern and waiting for this patch.

No pressure. Well, not too much. [;)]

Stilletto -> RE: Where is patch? (2/2/2011 6:38:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Regards,

- Erik

Eric? Any patch progress? Anything? Please? It's not like you to not call or write. Especially when you promised you would.

Thank you for your time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI