Bug fixed sort of (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted

Jack -> Bug fixed sort of (9/7/2002 7:35:54 AM)

I think I fixed or at least got around a problem us PBEM guys have been looking to solve. It’s not a total fix but it is good enough for me. What happens when PBEM games are done on custom maps and you want to play with nationalities other than German vs Russian the retreat hex is on the wrong side as well as the reinforcement hex. I go through allot of trouble making 100x240 maps just to have the retreat hex on the wrong side when it comes time to play.
I figured out a way around it.

Step 1. Always choose player one as Germany and player two as Russia.
Step 2. Make sure you set your preference to the experience setting you want under troop quality. Most people set them the same. The reason I am suggesting this is because the National characteristic of nations will be different. You will see what I mean when your done reading this post.
Step 3. Set date to what you want. I like anything in the 46 to 49 zone.
Step 4. Player one goes to purchase screen, the first thing player one dose is hit the NATION button and chooses the nationality he wants. Player 1 finishes purchase sends files to opponent.
Step5. Player two purchases as the Russian or hits the NATION button and purchases for the nationality of his choice.
Sep 6. Player two set up sends file back to player 1 who deploys and start game as per usual.

I realize that it’s not perfect and the VH will always be German for player 1 and Russian for player two. The main unit the A0 will always be German and Russian even though the obvious tells you something is wrong.
The bottom line is I like playing post 45 and I want to use different Nationalities. My maps are play tested for set up purposes. If the retreat hex is on the wrong side well basically all that work was for nothing. I decided to concentrate on what the game allows rather than dwell over what it won’t allow.
If anyone has a better way: please advise. For now I am going with that. Tell me what you think.

Bing -> (9/10/2002 12:21:41 AM)

Jack - Do you have 100 X 240 maps for what would be the area known as "Fulda Gap" in former W. Germany?

I would very much like to have one or more large maps that are a fair approximation of that territory - I realize it can't be truly accurate, but like horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear devices, close counts.

If you have anything - or know of anything - please drop me a line at:

[email]binglesh@chartermi.net[/email]

Yep, you bet I'm doing modern revisions, see threads elsewhere.

Bing

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI