Army Groups A & B (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

pompack -> Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 3:32:18 AM)

7.6.7. GERMAN ARMY GROUP SOUTH RE-DESIGNATION
When certain conditions are met, German Army Group South HQ will be split into Army Groups
A and B. This will occur if the Soviet cities of Azov, Bataysk, and Manych are captured or
automatically in the first turn of March 1943 if the first condition has not been met. Upon
either occurrence, Army Group South headquarters will be replaced by the Army Group A
headquarters and the Army Group B headquarters will be placed on the map.

GC Normal playing as the Germans. I did not capture the three cities until Jul 43. However on the first turn of March 1943 Army group South was still there and no Army Group B. By July 43 there still was no change and then I captured the three cities. Still no change.

What am I missing?[&:]

Belphegor -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 6:09:07 AM)

I captured these cities late in '43. I never got groups A and B for either condition.

Joel Billings -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 7:13:40 AM)

Can you send a save just before March 43 and then again on the first turn of March 43. Send to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.

pompack -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 2:58:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Can you send a save just before March 43 and then again on the first turn of March 43. Send to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.

unfortunately I don't have a current save earlier than Jul43.

Belphegor -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 4:12:59 PM)

sorry. In '44 I was headed to an automatic victory as Axis, so I started a new game. I have a save from June 29 '44 but no sooner (I deleted the old ones) [:(]

Belphegor -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/22/2011 9:05:28 PM)

found an earlier save. I'll send it if/once I advance it to march (it's in feb)

edit: sorry, it's feb '44 [sm=00000729.gif]

Joel Billings -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/23/2011 4:15:33 AM)

Anybody else having this problem? A save would really help.

Ron711 -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/23/2011 2:48:23 PM)

Now i have not gotten to 1943 because i have just started a 41GC against the ai BUT one thing i did notice when i peeked into the units using the editor for that one is that Army Group B is listed with a delay of 250 but there is NO listing for Army Group A at all.
May want to check yours to see if shows the same as mine if so it may have been accidently left out.

shane56 -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/23/2011 3:39:27 PM)

G'Day,
Army group A should be present in the Blau scenario right from the beginning as it was just waiting for OKH to split the forces of AG Sud, and as such it was already there in the rear waiting with List as it's commander, and operationally took over on 10th July 1942.

I know "A" took command of forces breaking into the caucasus, but what I am getting at is that it was already there in the german rear area right from the start, and could have been used at any time. I'd recommend cutting all this pre-condition complexity out and just setting up the HQ right from the beginning, and it is purely up to the axis player as to when yhey useit. This would not be against history, as the HQ was there from the beginning.

I have modded a blau scenario and setup army group A from the beginning.
Shane..

sdemonte -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/23/2011 7:02:54 PM)

I had the same issue...saved games have been sent to 2by3@2by3games.com

Thanks,
Scott

tiger111 -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/25/2011 2:53:04 PM)

I have played the GC 41` and GC `42 and in neither games did AGS split. Sorry no saved games. Pity as I`ve got quite a few unemployed Generalfeldmarshals.

Joel Billings -> RE: Army Groups A & B (1/25/2011 6:59:53 PM)

Gary fixed a bug today where AGS wasn't splitting in March 1943. Does anyone have a case where the cities around Rostov were taken that should have caused a split and AGS did not split? That case had worked for me in the past and Gary thinks that should work.

I did see another issue posted about no leader in one of the new AG HQ's when it is created, so that's been added to the list.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI