Corps HQ placement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

MilRevKo -> Corps HQ placement (1/23/2011 3:29:13 PM)

I have read the rules and I am plaing my 3rd attempt against the AI to learn the system. I believe that for combat an HQ must be 5 hexes away on offence and 6 for defence(to be in HQ support range). I try to keep my corps hqs on rail hexes and as close to the rail head and with in the 5 or 6 hexes mentioned above.

Is this SOP for most players?

Also, I try to keep the Army HQ with in 15 hexes of corps hqs and also as close to the rail heads as possible.

IS there a general rule of thumb for the Air HQs and the air units? I have been keeping the Air hqs back behind the lines on rail hexes with the air units next to the hqs but not on rail. So far I have not read anything that would be less than optimal for thier resupply

THX in advance

CarnageINC -> RE: Corps HQ placement (1/23/2011 4:06:06 PM)

For offensive conditions I would always keep your HQ as close and as safely to your front lines as possible to provide support if your forces advance beyond the 5 hex capability it offers.  Every thing else your saying sounds okay to me, except when the mud hits you want your HQ's closer to provide supply.

MilRevKo -> RE: Corps HQ placement (1/23/2011 4:37:40 PM)

Yes, thanks

I mud what do you suggest?

2ndACR -> RE: Corps HQ placement (1/23/2011 7:12:46 PM)

In mud, right on your combat units back side. I mean right there if not on the front line.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI