National air reserve (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

kevini1000 -> National air reserve (1/25/2011 1:59:27 AM)

So I get the impression that holding units in the NAR is a like a resting a refiting situation more than anything else. Or will pulling units from the reserve hurt training somehow. Perhaps I'm missing this in the rules.

Thanks

Sath

Helpless -> RE: National air reserve (1/25/2011 4:15:08 PM)

Pretty much it is.

There is another side effect for the Soviet player with recently introduced rule - "Soviet air groups in the national reserve are not counted when determining if new Soviet Air Bases should be created". It means you can preserve your manpower from creating extra air bases by keeping more groups in reserve.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: National air reserve (1/25/2011 4:39:35 PM)

However, we were told by Flavious that keeping units in the reserve is a bad idea and that the soviet air force will modernise more quickly if those obsolete units are killed off quickly.

Which strategy is the correct one?

kevini1000 -> RE: National air reserve (1/25/2011 4:53:32 PM)

The Russian player could disband the obsolete aircraft. The unit would come back eventually right or not.

sath

Redmarkus5 -> RE: National air reserve (1/25/2011 5:07:01 PM)

I think it costs AP to disband each unit. So, in the game, it is 'cheaper' to have the planes and pilots shot down than it is to manually upgrade them or disband them.

I think this needs to be changed...

randallw -> RE: National air reserve (1/25/2011 6:26:44 PM)

The bad side is that the Axis air units get almost free experience and morale gain, while your air groups take a morale hit before the newer planes arrive.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI