Memoir '44 Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

Gunhawk -> Memoir '44 Beta (1/26/2011 3:06:29 AM)

Since we haven't heard anything from Mark since last September, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to hope that this game will be published, I thought that I'd let you guys know that the online version of Memoir '44 is in Beta and you can play by joining the "Days of Wonder" site. They charge for playing the game, but it's pretty good and i've been having fun playing it.

diablo1 -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (1/26/2011 5:52:35 PM)

Yeah it's the ridiculous idea that they want to charge us to play each game isn't going to sell this game well. Sell the damn game outright and forget about charging us $2-$5 a game everytime we want to play it.

Gunhawk -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (1/27/2011 1:48:43 AM)

While I agree that it would be better to pay a flat fee and play as much as you want to, your math appears to be off (-:

You must pay 3 gold ingots to play one game. You are given 80 gold ingots for free to start and can use those until they are gone at no cost at all. If you add the 80 free gold ingots to the 200 gold ingots you get in the least expensive pack which costs $8.00, you will be able to play 93 games for $8.00. I can definitely see where a player may not want to pay anything at all while the game is in Beta, but *I'm* willing to "pony up" the dough for a very fun game. Understand please that I am *not* making excuses for the charges. I'm saying that i'm willing to pay them, and possible some of you might be willing to as well with the idea in mind that a good showing of support might get the game produced faster. (-:

diablo1 -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (1/27/2011 11:33:54 PM)

You obviously didn't see it when they released the initial beta. At first you had to pay 2 gold ingots per player plus extra ingots for "extra content" in each game. It ran upwards of 5+ gold ingots per game. There was such an uproar they finally changed it to the added content didn't cost more ingots. But, it's rather too late now as it's opened the eyes of "most" that it's just added cost to play the game regardless of the free 80 gold ingots that are free to start. Afterall it is a "beta" not a full release. I won't buy into it at all until everything comes in one package and I own the game and I can play 1000 games if I want to without any added cost.

ezzler -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (1/31/2011 8:48:05 PM)

Its fun. Buggy, as to be expected, but good fun.

SwampYankee68 -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (4/8/2011 1:22:38 PM)

If you have Xbox Live, the Arcade Game Panzer General is a lot of fun. Very much a board game and quite like Memoir '44

WilliePete -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (4/11/2011 6:08:12 AM)

I suppose there is a market for this type of game, but I'm curious to see just how well it will do. I was interested in this, but then found out that it's a bit too "simple" of a wargame for me, and no way will I pay $2-5 for a quick game. The search continues for me...

SwampYankee68 -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (4/11/2011 1:18:52 PM)

Are you talking about Panzer General or Memoir '44? I would not call PG "quick". It does have a demo so you can check it out without committing

helm123456789 -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (4/16/2011 1:59:10 AM)

I does look interesting, but like others I hate the pay to pay plan.  I'm still looking for the holy grail of tactical war games that will let me relive my Squad Leader days.

k9mike -> RE: Memoir '44 Beta (7/28/2011 11:16:25 PM)

Just got this an am having fun. I am sure they will have a means to buy outright in future. Its not that much an it is fun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI