RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/1/2011 8:06:38 PM)

a weakness of the PP 'buy' option is that it's dependant on the unit's current strength.....not it's potential strength....this encourages the use of them on weak base units which are then evac'd entirely or fragmented out.

On the other side of the coin its also why several months worth are needed to buy a singular filled out division! [:D]

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/3/2011 4:02:33 PM)

I strongly favor the ability to recreate destroyed LCUs for a minor PP cost.  It allows a commander to restore capabilities as he sees fit.  The supply of troops and devices prevents a player from ballooning his order of battle, and the time required to refill a purchased cadre is a good representation of the need to train and organize a fresh unit. 

Many thanks to the Matrix team for the improvement.

Icedawg -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/3/2011 7:43:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Spending PPs to buy back destroyed ground units.  It's in the beta.

Greg

Nice! I like it. This will allow for slightly more aggressive defense. (You can stand and fight to the last without having to worry about permanently losing a unit.)

For the record, I love the new feature, as it removes so much of the work to try to evacuate fragments. I just wonder how this previous post fits with the earlier post.

quote:

Gamey

And very much so at that.

[&:]

It fits because the idea that a commander would tell a troop ship to just load a few of the guys in the unit and then leave the rest behind seems a bit inconsistent with Western values. If you're going to try evacuating a unit, make a valid attempt to evacuate the ENTIRE unit.

The new feature allows the player to avoid delving into this ridiculous tactic. Now you can just leave them all to their fate or you can try to save all of them. Just evacuating a handful seems pretty silly.

In short, you can get the unit back (as you should be able to) without having to do something unrealistic.

Terminus -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/3/2011 7:46:06 PM)

I'll answer this thread with the same sentence I always use in this case:

If you think something might be gamey, it IS gamey.

Thus, no need to ask.

Chickenboy -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/3/2011 7:50:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Thus, no need to ask.

Alright then. I consider all movement of American troops off of CONUS to be gamey. Clearly the Allied player is trying to use / game their assault values in the Pacific to my detriment. This sort of behavior must be stopped. [:'(]

Icedawg -> RE: Fragment pulls....Gamey? (2/3/2011 7:51:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Thus, no need to ask.

I would agree in the general sense (90+% of all such cases).

However, not all cases are black and white. In many cases on this forum, I have gone back and forth on a few "is-this-gamey" kind of tactics. As I listen to others' ideas on such tactics, I sway from one side to the other.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI