Logistical nOOb question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

T_Patch -> Logistical nOOb question (1/29/2011 9:11:12 PM)

Just bought the game and love it! Once I get the gazillion ship designations as to what ship ttransports what material, and who resupplies and repairs what, I will be set! LOL AK,AV,TK....the list is endless lol

My questions is, for resupply (such as sub tenders, destroyer tenders, et.al.), the manual says they have to be in the same hex to resupply. Do they have to be at sea in the same hex...docked...undocked....disbanded...???)

Same question for oilers, ammo ships, repair.....

Humor me by answering same questions regarding ships away from port and at sea. Do they have to go back to poer to get this or can they get it done at sea? Do the repair, resupply ships merely go to the same hex or do I have to join them to the TF, click unload supplies, or what?

Thank you for your patience.

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Logistical nOOb question (1/29/2011 9:32:48 PM)

Hello T-Patch,

Ships in task forces at sea or in port can "refuel at sea". This takes fuel from other ships and restocks the ships in the actvie TF. Oilers do this best and use fuel from their load rather than from their own bunkers. You can also "refuel from port" if you are in a port. I think you can do that while disbanded as well.

Other resupply, (torpedoes, ammo ), must be done in a supplied port of proper size. Use "refuel from port". AE ammo ships can supply certain ammo classes at sea in the late stages of the war.

Repair ships work in port, supplied, and disbanded.

Have fun with the game!

T_Patch -> RE: Logistical nOOb question (1/30/2011 4:20:04 AM)

Many thanks OldGuard. The learning curve will be less daunting now.

Zemke -> RE: Logistical nOOb question (3/8/2011 4:40:25 PM)

T_Patch,
Just wondering why you bought this game instead of the newer Admiral's Edtion?  IMO the upside of AE or origianl WitP more than out weights any down side.

jomni -> RE: Logistical nOOb question (6/30/2011 10:15:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

T_Patch,
Just wondering why you bought this game instead of the newer Admiral's Edtion?  IMO the upside of AE or origianl WitP more than out weights any down side.

I have both WITP:AE and WITP and I decided that I prefer WITP after playing both.
Added stuff in WITP:AE are too hardcore for me as if WITP wasn't hardcore already.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI