DMP Modding! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

stewartbragg -> DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 11:37:14 AM)

I know...I know, this is the wrong place for a modding thread but this is absolutely the coolest mod. Check out the link:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21320

[&o][8D][sm=character0272.gif]

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 11:47:52 AM)

Checked out the site- very impressive!

Downloading the map now.[:)]

That map is pleasure to behold- it gives the game an old world touch.

cookie monster -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 12:56:18 PM)

Downloaded the map

Very nice

A much more earthy feel to it.

Much bettter than the washed out look of the stock map

I can't wait for them to release those counters in the next few weeks

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 12:57:28 PM)

The counters do look good- it really does give the game a new feel.

DBeves -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 2:59:23 PM)

Great Find - just loaded it up - that map is superb.

stewartbragg -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/30/2011 11:35:01 PM)

Been using there Mods for HOI for years. They make good quality Graphic changes. Will probably download the counter when they come out.

bwheatley -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/31/2011 1:36:17 AM)

wow really nice.

GFelz -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/31/2011 11:48:18 AM)

I love the map and the GUI and those will be installed as soon as the download finishes. I am not too fussy on the counters.

ComradeP -> RE: DMP Modding! (1/31/2011 12:54:11 PM)

Same here. The counters don't really seem to add anything and might actually cause confusion. A historical symbols/icons mod might be better.

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 4:43:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

Same here. The counters don't really seem to add anything and might actually cause confusion. A historical symbols/icons mod might be better.

That maybe the case- still its something different to look at while the hours pass by.

DMP Modding

Update to map! Just today!

Flaviusx -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 5:26:13 AM)

Mileage definitely varies. This map doesn't do a thing for me, it's way too busy. The stock map is clean and functional and quite outstanding.

My bugaboo is the fonts. Happily, I've changed those to suit my taste.

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 6:02:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Mileage definitely varies. This map doesn't do a thing for me, it's way too busy. The stock map is clean and functional and quite outstanding.

My bugaboo is the fonts. Happily, I've changed those to suit my taste.

How much does that mileage vary, if any?

Each to his own, but I like it.

76mm -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 8:02:59 AM)

Yuck!  The map and the counters are way to busy for me, I'll stick with the orginals thank you.

Kel -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 9:30:56 AM)

The map is beautiful - with its warm russian earthy tones, it is a fine alternative to the clean and greeen original look.

However, they should publish a version without the huge pictures of monuments that degrade the precision of hex terrain and features around key objectives.

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 9:54:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kelblau

The map is beautiful - with its warm russian earthy tones, it is a fine alternative to the clean and greeen original look.

However, they should publish a version without the huge pictures of monuments that degrade the precision of hex terrain and features around key objectives.

The map without the city pictures

cheers

76mm -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 10:10:07 AM)

The map without the city pictures is very nice, but while it looks better, I think it would be harder to see the Russian units (with original counters)?

Muzrub -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 12:07:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

The map without the city pictures is very nice, but while it looks better, I think it would be harder to see the Russian units (with original counters)?

Probably a fair call- I use Geyerfalk's counters and don't really have any issues.
But I also have decent sized monitor too, I just find the map a little easier on the eyes with it not being so stark.

jimkehn -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 2:01:02 PM)

Im with Flavio. While the map is pretty to look at I think it fits Napoleonics better and much less WWII. I love the stock map as it is reminiscent of my board wargaming days. It is clean and crisp...and colorful enough in a soothing pastel way. I will stay with the original even though I think the DMP map is a pretty painting. 8^D

Flaviusx -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 2:10:06 PM)

The mod I'm waiting for is a weather mod.

Apollo11 -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 2:18:13 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

The mod I'm waiting for is a weather mod.

Flavio - the weather gfx effect change mod?

IIRC there is already such mod...

Leo "Apollo11"

GFelz -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 4:26:21 PM)

Take a look at this page.

I am using the map without the monuments. You will see that I am using a weather mod from the Modding forum here. As you scroll down, you will see the screen shots change to the modded map. It too shows mud turns. I find that the zoomed out view works quite well. Better in fact for my eye. I am satisfied with the counters themselves at the moment but I would like to see something slight different for this map; not Napolionic althought I love the Empire looks of the day. What bridged the gap between the early 1800s and 1900s? What do the symbols of the Franco-Prussian war in the 1880s look like?

parusski -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 10:21:55 PM)

I like this very much. Thanks.

stewartbragg -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 10:42:44 PM)

Just started a new campaign game with the new map and wow! Looks good. I did use the map without the monuments. Those are a bit distracting.

Emx77 -> RE: DMP Modding! (2/1/2011 10:47:52 PM)

quote:

This map doesn't do a thing for me, it's way too busy. The stock map is clean and functional and quite outstanding.

+1

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI