Running Under Windows 7 ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

Art01 -> Running Under Windows 7 ?? (1/31/2011 12:13:20 AM)

Has anyone attempted to run the game under Windows 7 Professional? I installed the game successfully and installed patch 2.2.9 successfully. The initial game screen loads, the intro videos run, but the game will not load - I get the Runtime 91 error.

Compatibility modes don't work either.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Marauders -> RE: Running Under Windows 7 ?? (2/2/2011 2:21:49 PM)

There is a topic on Windows 7 and Maximum Football here:

Windows 7 & MaxMykal

Art01 -> RE: Running Under Windows 7 ?? (2/3/2011 3:37:18 PM)

Thanks. I've read that thread, but do not see anything useful for my situation. I think the primary issue is that I am starting with a pre 2.0 game version on my CD. I need to download and install version 2.0, then download and install later patches.

However, I have not been able to successfully download version 2.0 from Mstrix Games - each time I try to download the file, the server connection times out and drops. I have sent a Helpdesk ticket to Matrix about this issue, but have not yet received a response.

If you are aware of another source for downloading version 2.0, I would appreciate having that info.

Thanks,

Art

hack153 -> RE: Running Under Windows 7 ?? (2/6/2011 1:46:32 AM)

try this...

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/maximumfootball/patch.html

Art01 -> RE: Running Under Windows 7 ?? (2/7/2011 10:29:32 PM)

Thanks. Looks like a good site from which to download patches. However, I need to download the 2.0 game update before I can add patches. Unfortunately, the recommended site did not appear to have the basic 2.0 upgrade - probably only available from Matrix Games Registered Download site. I am a registered user, but each time I tried to download from the site, the download times out without completing the download. I've sent a ticket to Matrix, but they have not responded.

Art01 -> Now Running on Windows 7 Professional (2/9/2011 12:12:39 AM)

I have now successfully downloaded and installed the 2.0 Game Update, plus the subsequent patches to version 2. The game now runs under Windows 7 Professional on my Sony Laptop.

Thanks to those who responded previously.

Art

Marauders -> RE: Now Running on Windows 7 Professional (2/19/2011 4:17:24 AM)

Thanks for the update.

I would not trust the game under Vista and its butt-load of self-protections, but it works better with Windows 7.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI