Captured Manpower (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

sross -> Captured Manpower (2/1/2011 6:05:48 PM)

I was checking the production and thought to check the captured manpower and see how much that was helping out. Seems that with over 1000 points of manpower there is zero production. I reviewed the manual, but there was nothing in there. I was just wondering if this was how it was supposed to work or not. I figured the captured manpower would simulate the hiwi's, vlasov's and volksdeutch type recruits that filled out units like Wiking, etc.

2ndACR -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/1/2011 6:08:24 PM)

Nope, captured manpower does nothing for you except denying it to your enemy.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/1/2011 6:08:49 PM)

Those recruits came primarily from POW pools, did they not? I agree that they should be represented though, as lower quality Axis reinforcements...

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/1/2011 8:13:46 PM)

I was essentially called a nazi by the dev's for suggesting this early on. They aplogized later. It was my understanding that the usage of POW labor was a significant contributor to the German war economy and a historical game should acount for it, unsavory as it is. But OTOH, how could they create a game which openly encourages a player to create slaves from POW's ? Imagine the negatives.

cookie monster -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/1/2011 8:23:47 PM)

Most companies steer well clear of anything distasteful.

Such as slave labour etc

I'm surprised they have the Swastika myself.

Although I have no problem with it.

vinnie71 -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/4/2011 9:29:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I was essentially called a nazi by the dev's for suggesting this early on. They aplogized later. It was my understanding that the usage of POW labor was a significant contributor to the German war economy and a historical game should acount for it, unsavory as it is. But OTOH, how could they create a game which openly encourages a player to create slaves from POW's ? Imagine the negatives.

Well I believe that there is a way to deal with it. Possibly a percentage of the captured POWs can be turned into support squads for the army each turn and since there is already a function that converts support squads into rifle (?) units, it would simulate nicely what went on the ground

POW -> support Hiwi -> Wehrmacht soldier

or

POW -> support Hiwi -> additional German rifle squads of freed up Germans

bwheatley -> RE: Captured Manpower (2/4/2011 2:41:49 PM)

well at least until the end a lot of the labor from the soviet union went to the west to work in support formations. There were a few units raised to fight the soviets but really was such a small impact i don't see it effecting the outcome much. Now in War in the west hopefully i'll get to see a fair amount of my captured support squads from the east helping. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI