Fast Transport question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

sdhundt -> Fast Transport question (2/1/2011 8:11:28 PM)

A few questions regarding fast transports. Which types of ships are best for fast transporting? How many ships do you need to fast transport a LCU? Do the ships transport the entire unit or do they leave behind the larger pieces of equipment? Are certain LCU's not able to be fast transported? Which are the easiest and best LCU's to fast transport? I know some of these questions can only be figured out by trying it myself but if anyone can answer some of these it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

bradfordkay -> RE: Fast Transport question (2/2/2011 10:17:33 AM)

For the allies the best vessels for fast transport are APDs. It is also best to transport units that do not have any large pieces of equipment (vehicles, very large pieces of artillery, radar, etc) as these will not fit on the carrying ships.

Mike Dixon -> RE: Fast Transport question (2/2/2011 12:12:00 PM)

For the Japanese I use CA's/CL's/DD's - fast and with teeth in case of Allied interference

castor troy -> RE: Fast Transport question (2/2/2011 12:53:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

For the allies the best vessels for fast transport are APDs. It is also best to transport units that do not have any large pieces of equipment (vehicles, very large pieces of artillery, radar, etc) as these will not fit on the carrying ships.

you also can include fast AVD in your Allied fast transport TFs as these can got cargo capacity and can also move 7 hexes per phase, the APD only got troop capacity.

Mad Dog -> RE: Fast Transport question (2/2/2011 3:48:01 PM)

Additional question.
Does the Fast Transport TF has to have a ship with cargo/troop capacity or can it also have only warships?
In real life warships like DDs o CAs were able to transport troops and its also written in the manual, that they can, if in the Fast Transport TF. However, if I create one with DDs only, the Load Troops button is grayed out. It appears only after adding a ship like APD wich has troop capacity. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

castor troy -> RE: Fast Transport question (2/2/2011 3:59:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Dog

Additional question.
Does the Fast Transport TF has to have a ship with cargo/troop capacity or can it also have only warships?
In real life warships like DDs o CAs were able to transport troops and its also written in the manual, that they can, if in the Fast Transport TF. However, if I create one with DDs only, the Load Troops button is grayed out. It appears only after adding a ship like APD wich has troop capacity. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

As the Japanese, you can use, CA/CL/DD/APD but as Allied you can only use APD and AVD to transport troops, equipment and supplies in a fast transport.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI