JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

pws1225 -> JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (2/1/2011 10:26:07 PM)

Dr. Hal (Allies) and I (Japan) are starting our first PBEM GC Game (Scenario 1). We are about 5 days into the game and Dr. Hal asked about the Japanese 'landing bonus' enjoyed during the first 4 months of the war. I replied to him with the following:

"During the first 4 months of the war, the Japanese have a 'landing bonus' that allows troops to amphibiously land at any place they please at an accelerated rate. See page 127-8 of the manual. This bonus is the game's way of allowing a Japanese player to alter historical invasion plans (and unit preps) to implement some other strategy. In practice, it means I can land anywhere I want to without having to prep for the invasion. Once the 4 months pass, it's preparation before invasion as normal. So as you can see, I gotta get it while I can!"

Do I understand the 'landing bonus' correctly, or have I inadvertently infected my opponent with my ignorance?

Regards, Paul

Icedawg -> RE: JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (2/4/2011 4:39:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Dr. Hal (Allies) and I (Japan) are starting our first PBEM GC Game (Scenario 1). We are about 5 days into the game and Dr. Hal asked about the Japanese 'landing bonus' enjoyed during the first 4 months of the war. I replied to him with the following:

"During the first 4 months of the war, the Japanese have a 'landing bonus' that allows troops to amphibiously land at any place they please at an accelerated rate. See page 127-8 of the manual. This bonus is the game's way of allowing a Japanese player to alter historical invasion plans (and unit preps) to implement some other strategy. In practice, it means I can land anywhere I want to without having to prep for the invasion. Once the 4 months pass, it's preparation before invasion as normal. So as you can see, I gotta get it while I can!"

Do I understand the 'landing bonus' correctly, or have I inadvertently infected my opponent with my ignorance?

Regards, Paul

I think you're more or less accurate here. I'm not entirely certain that you still shouldn't prep for an invasion. I think the bonus does help out a bit with landing disruption/fatigue, but being prepped in combination with the landing bonus seems to produce better results (at least in my limited experience).

Tullius -> RE: JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (2/4/2011 4:44:40 PM)

it seems to me also that the Japanese can unload much quicker troops and supplies. In one of my games they decided to go early to PM (port size 2) and landed (in the night) a brigade with 8000 troops and 900 supplies. The next morning i destroyed the entire task force.

pws1225 -> RE: JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (2/5/2011 12:03:04 AM)

Thanks for the help guys.

Icedawg -> RE: JFB Newbie Question: Landing Bonus (2/5/2011 3:27:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Thanks for the help guys.

No problem. That's what the forum is for. I've used it extensively over the last couple of years to figure out the workings of this beast we call AE and folks have generally been quite pleasant and helpful.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI