Detection Levels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

dr.hal -> Detection Levels (2/2/2011 4:24:55 PM)

Is there a thread that explains detection levels (the manual seems to be very vague on the issue)? Why two numbers? Day and night? I guess I should stop guessing and let someone fill in the details... thanks in advance. Hal

Canoerebel -> RE: Detection Levels (2/2/2011 4:29:10 PM)

The second number is the maximum detection level possible. The first number is how much detection is present.

IE, if your TF shows a detection level of 9/10, that means the enemy has detected it at a level of nine out of the ten possible. That would not be a good thing for you if you were trying to sneek up and goose him.

Patrol aircraft and recon flights certainly affect detection levels. But I don't know if sightings by subs, ships, or other types of aircraft do. And what about if any enemy sub or ships sights a patrol aircraft flying from one of your combat ships...does that increase the detection level of your fleet? I dunno.

dr.hal -> RE: Detection Levels (2/2/2011 4:42:07 PM)

Well Canoerebel, that certainly answers one of my questions, the second number thanks. And I know it is on a scale, but I don't see anything that delineates the scale... and I know the fog of war exists, but there should be some reference as to what the numbers mean.

inqistor -> RE: Detection Levels (2/2/2011 5:04:16 PM)

Actually, second number is maximum reached earlier. First number (current detection) falls quickly, but the second much slower. It means something like "you know how big was this unit when you met it", but not exactly where she is.
If current detection is higher, than previous maximum, there is set new maximum.
There are some tables in manual, stating how quickly those values drop.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI