(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

JTGEN -> (1/9/2001 12:30:00 AM)

I belive the accuracy of the panthers long 75 beats the tiger 1's. I prefer using both heavy tanks as well as faster panthers. Tigers will keep enemy from their objectives and panthers will flank them and get your objectives. It is true that many of the crew survives the aircraft destruction and my tanks were sually in the next battle again experience of 95+. But if there comes an other bomber it can wipe out those survwing tankers. Happened a couple of times. Now playing Utah to Rhine so no problems of the AI's use of aircraft so far.

Larry Holt -> (1/9/2001 1:13:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by john g: ... I compared how panthers did against tiger I's after the fact to see if I had made the correct decision in not changing to panthers when they came available. When I fought 2000 points of panthers vs 2000 points of tigers, letting the ai run both sides all but one of the panthers was destroyed, only 2 of the tigers were destroyed. It seems clear to me that tiger I's will outfight panthers. The only advantage the panthers have is more movement, if you push your tigers like I did, full movement every turn accepting the occasional breakdown, you get the same movement you get nursing the panthers along. The kicker remains once they start shooting at each other the tigers will blow the panthers apart. ... thanks, John.
Using the AI as a test tool has its advantages but also its limitations. The AI tends to move straight forward, a train wreck style of fighting as it has been called. This tests the basic features of the tank, armor, speed, etc. but does not test its capabilities. A human player can take the panthers and maneuver them, taking long range shots with its long 75mm gun that is more accurate and has better penetration than the short 88mm on the Tiger. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Charles22 -> (1/9/2001 5:41:00 AM)

The Panther may penetrate better, but the Tiger's superior shell size more clearly leads to a tank's destruction (25% larger).

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI