RE: No opponent. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

Smeulders -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 7:36:49 PM)

Helmut, je kennis van het Engels is zeker niet het probleem. Een tijdje geleden was er een Nederlander hier die op het hoofdforum de ene thread na de andere begon met heel simpele vragen en in heel slecht Engels, maar iedereen probeerde hem toch te helpen. Het probleem lijkt mij dat je de reputatie hebt van heel ongeduldig te zijn bij het zoeken van een tegenspeler en dan niet echt veel aandacht besteed aan het spel eens je een tegenstander hebt. Probeer daar misschien iets aan te doen en iedereen zal een stuk vriendelijker tegen je zijn.

Chickenboy -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 7:54:19 PM)

Smeulders ...

Helmut en al zijn andere namen is verboden voor een jaar van de forums. Ik weet niet zeker waarom dit niet is opgevolgd door Matrix. Ik ben ook niet zeker waarom Helmut en al zijn andere namen zich niet houdt aan de verbanning Matrix toegewezen hem. Matrix heeft gedreigd juridische stappen als Helmut dringt aan op trollen deze forums.

USSAmerica -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 8:05:39 PM)

I think I had a bit too much rum punch at lunch.  I don't understand a word of those last two posts.  [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Smeulders -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 8:28:20 PM)

That's why it's good to be Belgian, you know a language no one else understands. Google translate does ruin it a bit though.

Canoerebel -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 8:42:06 PM)

Das darf nicht war sein.

Pratzen -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 11:26:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
Helmut is like a character in The Lord of the Rings. He has 37 different names.

'I come in peace, Master Hobbit. My name is Jean, son of 4thGuardsTanksArmy who has an only son named Helmut. The people of Gondor call me Helmut, but in the north I am known as Ike99. You can call me 5thGuardsTanksArmy. In Elvish, that would be APA."

I think you are wrong to lump in 5thGuardsTankArmy. While he spends a lot of time in BE, he is Swedish and his English is near perfect. He does however, claim to be a political adviser (frequenting Brussels) to a small far-right Swedish political party. I believed him. And told him to take a hike. (He refused to start the game until we spoke by phone--guess he wanted to be sure I was the right sort of bloke.......)

But his story was far more sophisticated than anything Helmut "Jean" Kohl could come up with.

Pratzen -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 11:29:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders
That's why it's good to be Belgian, you know a language no one else understands. Google translate does ruin it a bit though.

Excuse my ignorance, but what language is that? I was under the impresion that Belgians all spoke either (or both) French and Dutch.

Nomad -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 11:39:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratzen

quote:

Excuse my ignorance, but what language is that? I was under the impresion that Belgians all spoke either (or both) French and Dutch.

google can be your friend languages of Belgium

gwozdziu12 -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 8:19:39 AM)

Gents...

This thread sucks, so maybe you should just let it day in natural way? Of course it could be also a brilliant contest for "The most sophisticated national language". Sounds fine, then I'll offer you a sample of polish offensive words about cheaters, trolls, and other strange forms of life.

Cheers

undercovergeek -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 8:54:36 AM)

is it just me or does anyone else look sceptically at anyone who replies to this thread with a new membership and less than 5 posts - not been a post count snob but i just get a feeling of 'what country/nationality' has he picked this time?!

stuman -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 9:17:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwozdziu12

Gents...

This thread sucks, so maybe you should just let it day in natural way? Of course it could be also a brilliant contest for "The most sophisticated national language". Sounds fine, then I'll offer you a sample of polish offensive words about cheaters, trolls, and other strange forms of life.

Cheers

You might as well, this has become one of the stranger threads around.

Ambassador -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 9:40:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

is it just me or does anyone else look sceptically at anyone who replies to this thread with a new membership and less than 5 posts - not been a post count snob but i just get a feeling of 'what country/nationality' has he picked this time?!

I think I can attest for Pyotr (gwozdziu12), with whom I'm doing a Coral Sea scenario (either side, the first game is over, the second is underway), with a Guadalcanal campaign planned next. A regular one, two or three turns per evening.[:)]

Smeulders -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 10:18:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratzen

quote:

You are correct, most if not all speak both to varying degrees. Whatever you choose to study, you will learn the two in school. That makes it even better for us, if the Dutch isn't obscure enough, than we can always try French [:D]. You did forget our German-speaking part though.

Helmut -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 10:20:06 AM)

Gentlemen,

You're all losing precious time.
I'm no longer member of Matrix, thought I made that clear?

I will come back and play and buy games , when you all behave some more civilized.

OK?

Salute
[&o]

gladiatt -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 10:51:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helmut

Gentlemen,

You're all losing precious time.
I'm no longer member of Matrix, thought I made that clear?

I will come back and play and buy games , when you all behave some more civilized.

OK?

Salute
[&o]

Member of Matrix ??????
Damn, i never suspected you were part of the team of Matrix [8|].
So maybe you want to say that you have no more login ? So just explain us how you answer with your login ? [8|]
Also a bit of schizophrénia maybe, it seem to me the fault was put on Jean, not Helmut ??

OK, i'll try not to set afire anymore. But acting seriously and with respect is lacking to some people, obviously.

undercovergeek -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 11:22:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

I think I can attest for Pyotr (gwozdziu12), with whom I'm doing a Coral Sea scenario (either side, the first game is over, the second is underway), with a Guadalcanal campaign planned next. A regular one, two or three turns per evening.[:)]

then good luck to you 2 and have a good game [:)]

sdhundt -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 1:49:12 PM)

I think it's more important to see how long someone has been a forum member than their post count, what does the forum think.

Chickenboy -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 2:01:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sdhundt

I think it's more important to see how long someone has been a forum member than their post count, what does the forum think.

A little of both for me. Generally speaking long-lived forum members will have many posts. There are some exceptions, as you are one, sdhundt. Your longevity suggests that you're not a forum rat like myself, but still pretty stable. At least that's my take.

sdhundt -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 2:35:53 PM)

True, I lurk most the time and just read what others are saying.  When I think I have something to add then I post it.  But you are correct, a good combination of postings and longevity is the best.

khyberbill -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 9:51:36 PM)

quote:

'I come in peace, Master Hobbit. My name is Jean, son of 4thGuardsTanksArmy who has an only son named Helmut. The people of Gondor call me Helmut, but in the north I am known as Ike99. You can call me 5thGuardsTanksArmy. In Elvish, that would be APA."

I think in a previous life the forum name was Japan.

Pratzen -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 10:56:39 PM)

quote:

You are correct, most if not all speak both to varying degrees. Whatever you choose to study, you will learn the two in school. That makes it even better for us, if the Dutch isn't obscure enough, than we can always try French [:D]. You did forget our German-speaking part though.

I was surprised to see that German is also an official national language (one of three) since it is the first language of only 1% of the population of Belgium. According to the Google machine.

Reeks of appeasement! [:)]

Yakface -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 11:07:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

quote:

I think in a previous life the forum name was Japan.

No, Japan was obnoxious but coherent. Jean/Helmut is proper loony tunes. The name Jean-Pierre Dasseville has quite a pedigree for some ASL'ers. As 'Wolf' he became infamous for much the same behaviour as here. One memorable incident saw him hurl the insult that his opponent was an 'unmotivated garage'. Though more darkly there was an email about knifing somone IIRC

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?71843-The-ASL-Mailing-List./page10

The posts on the above page almost perfectly describes the behaviour we've just witnessed

AW1Steve -> RE: No opponent. (2/9/2011 11:17:59 PM)

Frankly I think we should group all the "not very good citizens" as one. Let's call them "The one's that shall not be named", or TOTSNBN, for short. And let them alone. All alone. Maybe they'll go elsewhere. Trying to guess "who's who" , is just another way of "feeding the trolls".[:(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: No opponent. (2/10/2011 12:40:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I think I had a bit too much rum punch at lunch.  I don't understand a word of those last two posts.  [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Keep drinking. I have it on good authority that after 6 they will make complete sense. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: No opponent. (2/10/2011 12:44:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt
So just explain us how you answer with your login ? [8|]

Its really his cousin....or nephew....or cat......or something.

Its pretty cool how hi cat ha its own IP, though. [:D]

sdhundt -> RE: No opponent. (2/10/2011 2:58:04 PM)

I had lots of rum punch on my cruise to Central America two weeks ago, wish I was still on the ship but I had to get back to launch my turns.  The things we do for AE.

USSAmerica -> RE: No opponent. (2/10/2011 3:54:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sdhundt

I had lots of rum punch on my cruise to Central America two weeks ago, wish I was still on the ship but I had to get back to launch my turns.  The things we do for AE.

Mmmmmmmmmm...... rum punch! [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

d0mbo -> RE: No opponent. (2/11/2011 10:55:53 AM)

Chicken,

Very happy to see I can cummincate with you in my native language now =)

Cheers,

d0mbo.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Smeulders ...

Helmut en al zijn andere namen is verboden voor een jaar van de forums. Ik weet niet zeker waarom dit niet is opgevolgd door Matrix. Ik ben ook niet zeker waarom Helmut en al zijn andere namen zich niet houdt aan de verbanning Matrix toegewezen hem. Matrix heeft gedreigd juridische stappen als Helmut dringt aan op trollen deze forums.

Chickenboy -> RE: No opponent. (2/11/2011 4:44:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Chicken,

Very happy to see I can cummincate with you in my native language now =)

Cheers,

d0mbo.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Smeulders ...

Dankzij de wonderen van het internet, is het geen probleem voor mij om het gebruik van Google Translate. Als dit helpt me te communiceren zonder al te veel problemen de vertaling, dan ben ik graag van dienst.

De beste wensen,

De jongen die ook een kip [;)]

jwilkerson -> RE: No opponent. (2/12/2011 4:38:47 AM)

I have no idea what is going on in this thread - but I doubt it has anything to do with War in the Pacific ...

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI