Guadalcanal strategies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

wildweasel0585 -> Guadalcanal strategies (2/5/2011 11:40:51 PM)

Search function doesn't seem to be working.
What are some good strategies for the Japanese player for this scenario? I've played a third of the way through as Allies against AI and human opponents can be far trickier than the AI.

augustinus -> RE: Guadalcanal strategies (2/6/2011 1:41:27 AM)

Having played this scenario via PBEM, several times as both Japanese and Allies, I would suggest that the Japanese player not be impetuous. Since the game is about points in order to win, my advice is to ignore retaking Guadalcanal and focus on Milne Bay and Port Moresby. Huge points can be gathered in these two places. However, to accomplish these goals one has to defeat the Allied carrier forces, first -- air-power is the name of the game. The Japanese player has the time, because the Allied player is burdened by political points to transfer combat units to the correct command headquarters to be effective. Milne Bay and Port Moresby are under the command of Southwest Pacific (MacArthur). It is a matter of patience and tactical ability applied at the right time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI