A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Blue Water Navy -> A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/6/2011 6:40:56 AM)

Do any of you have a "if I can do x amount of damage a day/week i will win the war" formula. First week of the war 200+ Jap Aircraft and 20 AK sunk. Even with fog of war...of course.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/6/2011 7:32:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blue Water Navy

Do any of you have a "if I can do x amount of damage a day/week i will win the war" formula. First week of the war 200+ Jap Aircraft and 20 AK sunk. Even with fog of war...of course.

Not a formula, but I watch my sinkings of Japanese tankers and AOs pretty closely.

John Lansford -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/6/2011 8:06:45 PM)

Every ship you lose as the Allies, you'll get replaced on a 1:1 rate, for some classes you'll get replacements at 2:1 or even 3:1 rate.  The Japanese couldn't replace any class at even a 1:1 rate, but they start the war with a LOT of transports.  Losing 20 hulls in the first week won't even slow them down; what you want to do is sink loaded troop transports, major warships (even serious damage is good) and submarines.  I got lucky and early on my Asiatic Fleet warships intercepted a troop convoy headed for Borneo, sinking nearly the entire TF.  Since the landings were all scripted and most of the LCU's were already scheduled for other invasions, I held the oil bases on Borneo for at least a month longer than I'd expected just from that one engagement.

FatR -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/6/2011 8:44:30 PM)

Losses of less than 100 xAK/AK/xAKL have practicalyl no chance of impacting Japanese operations and economics. For a significant effect try 200 per year and more. Any big tanker counts in the first half of 1942, though. After that a Japanese player can convert a couple dozen of xAKs to TKs.

pmath -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/7/2011 12:12:02 PM)

Kill or bleed rate is not the optimum way to disrupt AI Japan early, rather decide on critical oil/fuel/res areas to mount unconventional defense to deny the area to Japan long term or permanently. The farther you stray from historical the more difficult for the AI to script response.

Canoerebel -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/7/2011 1:10:21 PM)

Depends on the opponent and the scenario.

If this is Scenario One against the AI, you haven't scratched the AI yet, but you will, and the AI will have trouble stopping you whether it loses 20 ships the entire war or 20 ships a day.

On the other hand, if this is Scenario Two against an experienced human opponent, you probably won't ever win the air war as the Allies. Neither is there much chance of doing enough damage to Japan's merchant fleet to really have an effect. But the Japanese navy is it's achilles heal. It only has a limited number of capital ships, so each one of those you bag is really an achievement that means something.

Chickenboy -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/10/2011 12:33:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Depends on the opponent and the scenario.

If this is Scenario One against the AI, you haven't scratched the AI yet, but you will, and the AI will have trouble stopping you whether it loses 20 ships the entire war or 20 ships a day.

On the other hand, if this is Scenario Two against an experienced human opponent, you probably won't ever win the air war as the Allies. Neither is there much chance of doing enough damage to Japan's merchant fleet to really have an effect. But the Japanese navy is it's achilles heal. It only has a limited number of capital ships, so each one of those you bag is really an achievement that means something.

I agree with Canoerebel, it's all about who your opponent is.

Since the AI cheats like a mother-f***** with regards to transportation of resources, fuel and oil, losing even a modestly large ship contingent is unlikely to faze is much. Against a human opponent by PBEM, it's a different ballgame.

inqistor -> RE: A good 'bleed rate' for Allies Vs IJA/IJN (2/10/2011 10:50:03 PM)

Actually, playing as Allies, your main goal should be to "not lose on points until end of 1942". So watch closely your plane, and ship exchange ratio. If you sink 100 Japan ships, but lose 500 in the same timeframe, that would probably not put you in good position.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI