Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

USS Henrico -> Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 2:57:37 AM)

In my PBEM game with Chickenboy, there was a sudden expansion of the level 0 port at the battleground base of Terapo to Level 1. After increasing at 1-2% for several turns with the same number of engineers working and the same level of emphasis on port expansion, there was a 91% increase in 1 day.

Port Expansion by day:
12/6/42 0/0, Expanding 5%
12/7/42 0/0, Expanding 7%
12/8/42 0/0, Expanding 9%
12/9/42 1/0, Expanding 0%

Is having a sudden expansion like this a bug or a feature? It looks like going over 10% might have caused the jump to the Level 1 port.

The SeaBees are good, but are they this good? Thanks.

CaptDave -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 6:43:37 AM)

That's pretty typical going from 0 to 1.  Sometimes takes a little bit longer, maybe as high as 20% or so, but they do tend to jump.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 12:32:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

That's pretty typical going from 0 to 1.  Sometimes takes a little bit longer, maybe as high as 20% or so, but they do tend to jump.

Seems reasonable to me. I've been peripherally involved in wooden-piling pier construction, and most of the work--maybe 80+%--is siting and installing the pilings. Adding the deck planking is pretty easy and fast. A pier can go from completely unusable to fully functional in a very non-linear time.

Chickenboy -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 2:18:06 PM)

quote:

Thanks for the response, CaptDave. Do you see this same jump from 1-2 or is there something unique about 0-1?

witpqs -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 5:30:38 PM)

quote:

I've seen the same thing. Patience will be rewarded!

dereck -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 5:36:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS Henrico

The SeaBees are good, but are they this good? Thanks.

Yes the SeaBees are and WERE that good. Much better in actuality than this game allows.

CaptDave -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/8/2011 8:20:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Thanks for the response, CaptDave. Do you see this same jump from 1-2 or is there something unique about 0-1?

I tend to keep pretty extensive records (adding considerably to the time it takes to play the game!), but I don't have them with me here at the office. If memory serves, though, there is sometimes a jump in the 1-2 expansion, but not nearly as big. Usually it's not until the fort is at least 60% expanded, if it's going to happen, but usually they go through the full process. Of course, going from 1 to 2 is a lot faster than going from 2 to 3, which is faster than going from 3 to 4, and so on.

CaptDave -> RE: Breakthrough expansion of Level 0 Port (2/9/2011 7:49:02 AM)

Okay, I have to correct myself.  I've seen the following jumps just in my current game:
1.23 to 2.01
1.11 to 2.00
1.16 to 2.01
1.14 to 2.00
1.13 to 2.01
1.12 to 2.00
You get the idea.  No such jumps going from 2 to 3, and none for ports or airfields (I haven't expanded any from 0, so this doesn't mean it won't happen -- but there are none from 1 to 2).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI