Are there any tutorials? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

Graymane -> Are there any tutorials? (2/9/2011 1:07:31 PM)

Just bought this bundle last night, was wondering if there is some kind of tutorial or tutorial mode?

Andy Moss -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/10/2011 11:22:49 AM)

Well first read the instruction manuals, there is an awful lot to learn in terms of modifyers etc. Then have a few games against the AI ....that's pretty poor but gets you used to general mechanics. Eventually aim to play other human opponents via PBEM mode, it's a lot more challenging and you learn a lot. There are a couple of wargame clubs out there and newcomers can have training games.
Hope that helps

Graymane -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/10/2011 2:03:46 PM)

Yes thanks. I struggled through the manual a bit. Having another go today. Can you suggest a simple scenario? I dabbled a bit with d'Erlon's assault from the Waterloo game and 5th div at Frasnas from the QB module in prelude.

Andy Moss -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/10/2011 2:42:03 PM)

I recommend D'Erlon's Assault, I use it when training folks at the Napoleonic wargames Club. It has a good use of mixed arms.

Graymane -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/16/2011 3:11:35 PM)

I tried it a few times, didn't get very far with the French but got a minor victory with the Allies.

Andy Moss -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/16/2011 4:12:02 PM)

Was that playing the AI though? At least it should give you a feel for how things work.

If you are interested in a PBEM game let me know.

Graymane -> RE: Are there any tutorials? (2/23/2011 4:10:23 AM)

Yes, playing the AI. I did ok as the Allies but when I played as the French, I didn't do very well. Pretty much true of all the scenarios I'm playing so far -) I seem to be better at defending than attacking.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI