Second Front game..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Footslogger -> Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 9:37:42 PM)

Does anyone remember the game Second Front? Its almost like WitE but it was a dos version at the time.[sm=character0267.gif]

Bronze -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 9:44:55 PM)

Great game!

Nomad -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 9:54:12 PM)

Yes, it was renamed to WiR and now is offered free by matrix games.

Tarhunnas -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 10:04:51 PM)

Yep! Played that!

I always wondered about the name though... Isn't the second front the invasion of France that Stalin always was nagging about?

BTW the East Front is the real thing! The west front is a bit like Spain in the Napoleonic wars - basically a backyard thing that distracts from the real action.

warspite1 -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 10:20:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

Yep! Played that!

I always wondered about the name though... Isn't the second front the invasion of France that Stalin always was nagging about?

BTW the East Front is the real thing! The west front is a bit like Spain in the Napoleonic wars - basically a backyard thing that distracts from the real action.

Warspite1

"Backyard thing" seems just a tad harsh... Essentially accept what you are saying (The Russian Front was the land daddy in WWII and indeed ever) but, I don't think either the Peninsular or the War in the West were exactly insignificant and each played their part in the outcome in the east.

molchomor -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 10:21:58 PM)

Great game with lots of (optional) depth, played it lots and lots on my Amiga. Too much really. But that was years ago in the early nineties.

Hence my never-ending bitching about stuff like lack of manual production control that is missing in WiTE [:D]

Tarhunnas -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/10/2011 10:22:38 PM)

Mostly joking, trying to get a rise out of someone... [:D]

MaraTheFinn -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/11/2011 12:59:46 AM)

Great game and IT DID INCLUDE CHANGEABLE PRODUCTION! Even if simple I did enjoy it. Much better than West Front which had fixed production.

I am happy to find that in WITE you can change aircraft type in squadrons. Sadly I cannot say the same about AFVs. Best thing is that there is an editor to change the production a bit before each game. But be carefull or you will miss some equipment later in your game. The latest patch 1.03 vrs 3 helps a lot with AC.

Yes I did buy the WITE after all.

robjoh -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/11/2011 8:42:39 AM)

Greatest game ever made. Amiga - those were the days...

rocabu -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/11/2011 10:37:46 PM)

Because of Second Front I AM HERE .........   THANKS

Footslogger -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/11/2011 11:06:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocabu

Because of Second Front I AM HERE .........   THANKS

If you think thats bad, heres where you might end up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_Kvt3KCs8 [:D]

Veldmaarschalk -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/12/2011 10:40:08 AM)

My favourite Amiga-game by far [:)]

Muzrub -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/12/2011 10:59:55 AM)

Agree- I spent many a happy hour listening to bread (oh the soothing sounds) and plotting pre internet patched nasty moves!

hfarrish -> RE: Second Front game..... (2/12/2011 11:46:46 AM)

Deleted

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI