Help,please (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

hbrsvl -> Help,please (2/12/2011 4:15:48 PM)

Hi-v1108b,5/1/43, Allies. I have about 500 Dutch troops at hex49-100 on Java that can be saved. I know this is a coastal hex, because I've run SS into that hex.

My problem is getting a transport SS TF to load any of these troops. Yes, I've spent the PP to change to SoWesPac. But, when I try to load, the sub loads equipment, not troops. Yes, I hit "load only troops". Also I've run 11000 US subs up there-no joy.

Ideas, please.

Thanks, Hugh Browne

USSAmerica -> RE: Help,please (2/12/2011 4:35:44 PM)

Hugh, there are only a few Allied subs that can transport troops.  Most can only transport supplies.  Verify the "Troop capacity" vs. the "Cargo capacity" for the subs you are trying to use. 

Chickenboy -> RE: Help,please (2/12/2011 4:36:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-v1108b,5/1/43, Allies. I have about 500 Dutch troops at hex49-100 on Java that can be saved. I know this is a coastal hex, because I've run SS into that hex.

My problem is getting a transport SS TF to load any of these troops. Yes, I've spent the PP to change to SoWesPac. But, when I try to load, the sub loads equipment, not troops. Yes, I hit "load only troops". Also I've run 11000 US subs up there-no joy.

Ideas, please.

Thanks, Hugh Browne

Hi Hugh,

Don't worry about it. If you're able to load TOE equipment from these troops, you are effectively evacuating a cadre of them for rebuilding elsewhere. I too wondered why my submarines were evacuating an AT gun (with crew) in preference to, say, two squads of infantry. Can't be controlled. But you are evacuating them, FWIW.

JWE -> RE: Help,please (2/12/2011 4:38:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Ideas, please.

Thanks, Hugh Browne

It's a quirk in the language of the loading routine. "Load only troops" means load only "LCUs, not supply or fuel or other stuff". It doesn't mean load only "squads". A lot depends on the makeup of the Dutch units you are trying to load, and the "cross load" costs of squads in cargo space and equipment (cargo) in troop space.

Show a screenie of the LCU you want to load, and say what the sub is you want to load it on. might be able to get more specific.

hbrsvl -> RE: Help,please (2/12/2011 9:39:26 PM)

To-JWE, Chickenboy and USS America-Thanks to all of you.HB

inqistor -> RE: Help,please (2/13/2011 11:04:27 AM)

You can actually convert some US submarines into SST versions. IIRC they have some troops capacity (like 100-200). Conversion is available, I think, around middle of 1942, and is pretty quick.

HansBolter -> RE: Help,please (2/14/2011 11:52:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

You can actually convert some US submarines into SST versions. IIRC they have some troops capacity (like 100-200). Conversion is available, I think, around middle of 1942, and is pretty quick.

April '42

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI