Crossing rivers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

janbak -> Crossing rivers (2/14/2011 8:55:03 PM)

I have receintly started the Road to Smolensk scenario

In the scenario briefing I read that it is "a good scenario for learning how to cross major river lines and how to defend them".

Could you help me to understand if there are specific tactics to cross major river lines and how can I apply them?

What are you favourite tactics to cross major river lines and defend them?

Thx

CharonJr -> RE: Crossing rivers (2/14/2011 9:44:40 PM)

Trying to get there before the defender has time to dig in is helpful, as is searching for a weak spot in his defenses if he already got there. Trying to have a good CV unit with enough MP to make a crossing into enemy ZOCs in order to establish a bridgehead and expand from there.

Having a picket line in front of the river is often nice for the defender because it is unlikely that mobile units will be able to make the crossing in one turn if they have to deal with defenses on their side first.

There should be more, but for me those are the basics.

krieger -> RE: Crossing rivers (2/15/2011 4:57:19 AM)

Crossing a river is much more costly in MPs if there are ZOCs affecting the hex(es) where you are crossing, specially for mobile units. So try open a bridgehead (a hex with no enemy ZOC influencing it). That will make for the best posible advance.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI