Expansion Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series

GeorgiaBoy -> Expansion Questions (2/16/2011 4:29:54 PM)

I have three questions regarding the Armada 2526 expansion to include the aspects I enjoyed in the Master of Orion series:

1) Will there be race customization like MoO 2/3 in the expansion?
2) How about leaders?
3) Will there be an uber-race invasion option midgame (like the Antarans) to add another challange?
4) How about an additional victory condition like the Antaran X's (MoO3)or ascension crystals (GalCiv II)?

Thanks,

GB

Iceman -> RE: Expansion Questions (2/16/2011 9:29:47 PM)

That's actually 4 questions [;)]

The answer to all of them is no (unless Neutron has something up his sleeve). But there'll be other interesting stuff.

Though there's no race customization, you can customize the races (including adding your own) by editing the XMLs. You can create the uber-race yourself - or buff one of the custom races up, like the Unn or the Gray Order. I don't think you can delay their appearance though, except by creating a scenario with an isolated cluster and/or wormholes (I more or less did that in my Vortex scenario, with the Gray Order - the Unn are loose from the start).

GeorgiaBoy -> RE: Expansion Questions (2/17/2011 2:00:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iceman

That's actually 4 questions [;)]

The answer to all of them is no (unless Neutron has something up his sleeve). But there'll be other interesting stuff.

Though there's no race customization, you can customize the races (including adding your own) by editing the XMLs. You can create the uber-race yourself - or buff one of the custom races up, like the Unn or the Gray Order. I don't think you can delay their appearance though, except by creating a scenario with an isolated cluster and/or wormholes (I more or less did that in my Vortex scenario, with the Gray Order - the Unn are loose from the start).

[:D] Thanks, Iceman!

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Expansion Questions (2/20/2011 5:17:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeorgiaBoy

I have three questions regarding the Armada 2526 expansion to include the aspects I enjoyed in the Master of Orion series:

1) Will there be race customization like MoO 2/3 in the expansion?
2) How about leaders?
3) Will there be an uber-race invasion option midgame (like the Antarans) to add another challange?
4) How about an additional victory condition like the Antaran X's (MoO3)or ascension crystals (GalCiv II)?

Thanks,

GB

I think no to every question from what I have read.

The expansion will have a new trade system, more research, a few new races and multiplayer.

JosEPhII -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/2/2011 5:57:52 PM)

Where can a body find out some info on the status of this Expansion?

JosEPh

Anguille -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/2/2011 7:42:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JosEPh_II

Where can a body find out some info on the status of this Expansion?

JosEPh

Hi Joseph...i was thinking about you the other day!

I think i can safely say that the game should be released this month if there are no problems...(the official date for the german version is mid-april).

I am convinced that you will like the expansion a lot.

Cheers

gijas17 -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/7/2011 5:31:51 AM)

When is this expansion coming out?

martok -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/7/2011 9:22:14 AM)

Soon. Very soon. [8D]

Hertston -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/11/2011 1:07:55 PM)

Will be a tad irritated if it's not today; it's already out on GG.

spelk -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/11/2011 1:23:03 PM)

I'm hoping its going to be released today, want it really badly, but I'd prefer to purchase a Matrix release.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/11/2011 2:21:39 PM)

As far as we know, Gamers Gate was not supposed to release until the 15th. With that said, we're working to release it as quickly as possible here. It was scheduled for this week and we expect it will release in the next few days.

Regards,

- Erik

kentcol -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/11/2011 6:30:35 PM)

Downloading now!:)

Hertston -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/11/2011 6:55:48 PM)

I'm sure Erik will be delighted. [8|] Wish I hadn't mentioned it now.

That said, I hope you have the GG rather than Matrix release of Armada; otherwise compatibility won't be guaranteed, particularly in regards of patches.

kentcol -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/12/2011 4:13:57 AM)

What, you think Matrix gives it to GG for free? They get the money for it. What difference does it make to you where someone buys a game? I have bought lots of games from Matrix and from GG. My business.

rmielech -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/12/2011 4:56:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kentcol

What, you think Matrix gives it to GG for free? They get the money for it. What difference does it make to you where someone buys a game? I have bought lots of games from Matrix and from GG. My business.

Patches don't show up at the same time everywhere, and some expansions won't work if you buy the main game somewhere else. That's why it can make a difference, and he's right.

vaalen -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/12/2011 5:59:45 AM)

I will wait for the Matrix release. Gamersgate should have waited. Matrix has been much better to me than Paradox, so guess where my loyalty lies. 

Hertston -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/12/2011 6:37:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kentcol

What, you think Matrix gives it to GG for free? They get the money for it.

I obviously don't know the details of these particular deals, but I'm guessing Matrix will actually get b*gger all from GG sales, as from Steam sales (where the initial release has just popped up). Ntronium will get their money from each sale of course. It all depends on who put up the money for developing the game.

quote:

What difference does it make to you where someone buys a game? I have bought lots of games from Matrix and from GG. My business.

None at all, so have I, and so it is.

My first choice is Matrix when other retailers also sell a game, but I will buy elsewhere if the price is significantly cheaper. As, at the time, with Storm over the Pacific, for example. I mention that not least to reinforce what rmeilich said; I'm still waiting for the Impulse version of the latest patch for SotP that buyers from Matrix had over a month ago. Both compatibility and timing issues are frequent when buying expansions and DLC for a game from a different direct-download retailer to the original game. That's any combination of retailers, not just this particular one. Not saying that you will have problems, just that you might. And it isn't Matrix's responsibility to sort them out.

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaalen

I will wait for the Matrix release. Gamersgate should have waited. Matrix has been much better to me than Paradox, so guess where my loyalty lies.

I, too, can wait a few days for the Matrix release principally for that reason, although it also seems GG have broken, inadvertently or otherwise, some kind of agreement. That said, I actually quite like GG; more so than Impulse or Steam. GG split off from Paradox some time ago, BTW.

kentcol -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/12/2011 5:28:42 PM)

Okay, fair enough.:) I have bought nunerous games and expansions from both and have not had a problem (knocking on wood!). Just couldn't wait, that's all.:)

milkweg -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/14/2011 3:37:25 PM)

I buy from whoever has the best price and have no loyalty to anyone. I see D2D has it cheaper than GG but don't know if it is compatible with my GG version. 

collegeprof -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 12:15:07 AM)

i like buying from Matrix direct... their digital river service allows me to download the game again, any time later up to a year after purchase, in case i lost my setup files, plus it has all my entire purchase history plus the serial numbers which is great... i don't get that from other second or 3rd party sites..

Hertston -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 12:27:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: collegeprof

i like buying from Matrix direct... their digital river service allows me to download the game again, any time later up to a year after purchase, in case i lost my setup files, plus it has all my entire purchase history plus the serial numbers which is great... i don't get that from other second or 3rd party sites..

Erm... they no longer use DR! Don't panic though, the replacement is even better.

milkweg -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 10:45:48 AM)

Both GG and D2D allows me to download anytime and for no extra charge either, unlike DR. All I have to do is log in and download, I can do that even five years from now. Steam also you can download as often as you like. D2D got my money for Supernova because it was $11.99 for pre-order instead of $15.99 like here. "A penny saved is a penny earned".

Zakhal -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 1:23:53 PM)

Cant wait to get home and check this out. Two hours left. 

elmo3 -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 3:39:31 PM)

How are space battles handled in PBEM games?

Is there a replay so you can see what happened from the previous turn?

martok -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 8:18:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

Both GG and D2D allows me to download anytime and for no extra charge either, unlike DR. All I have to do is log in and download, I can do that even five years from now. Steam also you can download as often as you like. D2D got my money for Supernova because it was $11.99 for pre-order instead of $15.99 like here. "A penny saved is a penny earned".

You haven't been here in a while, have you? [;)]

Matrix announced some months ago that all games can now be (re)downloaded at at any time. Concurrently with that, they also ditched Digital River; they now use Plimus, which (while not perfect) is a definite improvement.

martok -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 8:21:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

When a battle is fought between human players, it's auto-calced.
When a battle is fought between a human and AI player, you can fight it out manually if you wish (auto-calc is still an option).

quote:

Not that I'm aware of, no. (Not a bad idea, though!)

milkweg -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/15/2011 9:38:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

You haven't been here in a while, have you? [;)]

Matrix announced some months ago that all games can now be (re)downloaded at at any time. Concurrently with that, they also ditched Digital River; they now use Plimus, which (while not perfect) is a definite improvement.

I've been around but haven't bought any games since I bought both Battlegrounds Civ and Nap, bought that even though I already own the originals. So yea, I didn't know they had switched digital download providers. I want that FoG game but to get LoS I need to buy one of the add-ons so that makes it a $61.99 game and not a $40.00 game. Here's one other thing I don't like, FoG is $39.99 USD but $41.99 CAD. Um, CAD is worth more than the USD now so that ain't right.

elmo3 -> RE: Expansion Questions (4/16/2011 12:00:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

quote:

When a battle is fought between human players, it's auto-calced.
When a battle is fought between a human and AI player, you can fight it out manually if you wish (auto-calc is still an option).

quote:

Not that I'm aware of, no. (Not a bad idea, though!)

Got it. Thanks.

elmo3 -> RE: Expansion Questions (10/6/2011 5:26:26 PM)

OK now that Supernova has been out a while I wondered if a turn replay was ever added for multiplayer?  Assuming the answer is still no, is there any kind of PBEM battle report to tell you that your opponent, or an AI empire for that matter, took over one of your systems?  We don't want to have to hunt all over the galaxy every turn to see if we lost a system.  Thanks.

elmo3 -> RE: Expansion Questions (10/6/2011 10:36:29 PM)

OK let me rephrase the question since I found a reference to PBEM turns being simultaneous.  Can someone explain what a "combat turn" is?  I saw that mentioned in a PBEM AAR.  Thanks.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI