Is the AI scripted? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

NinetyNine -> Is the AI scripted? (2/16/2011 9:36:38 PM)

I was testing some stuff with AGS and ignoring AGC & AGN, and after five turns I discovered via recon that the soviets had retreated to pretty much exactly the places they would have if I had been advancing... Smolensk, Kiev, etc.

In other words they gave up over a thousand miles of territory and left nothing but forts without my troops moving an inch. What gives?

gradenko2k -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 4:54:33 AM)

I believe it was confirmed by a dev before that the first turn is/can be scripted, but the rest of the turns are really based on the AI's actual reactions, since you obviously cannot predict what will happen past the first turn.

Senno -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 7:07:19 PM)

Sounds like reasonable steps to avoid the granddaddy of all encirclements, to me? This is from your limited description, of course.

Panzers are extremely mobile and can gobble up the territory, often in extremely unexpected directions.

jagfour -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 7:27:12 PM)

Could it be the Russians just c/o there pre-determined plans upon being invaded?

Joel Billings -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 7:28:02 PM)

It is only scripted tightly on the first turn (for the first player). There are certain hard coded strategies that the AI tries to do in the Campaign, but these are a small fraction of the moves that it makes. I do think Gary has the Soviet AI falling back in the 41 Campaign and creating certain lines, after which it reacts to the Axis units.

jagfour -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 7:31:13 PM)

I rest my case :P

HMSWarspite -> RE: Is the AI scripted? (2/17/2011 9:54:22 PM)

Always got to ask yourself...what would do if was the computer,,, think most players are going to be fairly scripted turn 1:)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI