Extreme Assault Clarification (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Jason Petho -> Extreme Assault Clarification (2/16/2011 10:48:13 PM)

I was working on the Combat section of the manual for Modern Wars and just noticed something I wasn't clear on before regarding how the 15% attack win or 10% defence win functions.

Here is my blurb from the manual, hopefully it clears things up.

quote:

Extreme Assault works under the same rules, but has a significant additional element factored into the equation, primarily the Morale of the unit. All of the Morales are summed, with a -3 penalty for Disrupted defenders, and averaged based on the number of units defending the target hex. After the Combat elements of the Assault have been calculated, a second die roll is performed and compared to an internal Assault Combat Results Table. If the Attacker wins the die roll, the defender’s Morale suffer a -5 Penalty. If the defender’s win, the defender’s Morale is increased by 3. A Morale Check is performed based on the defender’s modified Morale and the assault is successful if the defender fails the Morale Check and at least one of the assaulting unit(s) remains undisrupted. Otherwise, the defending wins and remains in the target hex.

The internal Assault Combat Results Table also allows any assault scenario a 15% chance of success and the defender a 10% chance of remaining in position. Of course, this is negated if the defender does not pass the final Morale Check.

All of the Middle East scenarios were designed with the intended use of Extreme Assault.

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/17/2011 9:06:24 PM)

Thanks,

Since my manual is .pdf it difficult to read on the ole' XP. I use the originals manuals. Could be part of my past troubles.
Criminy! Forgot it is also loaded on the Vista.[sm=dizzy.gif] Another cobweb.

junk2drive -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 1:26:05 AM)

You might try this freeware for pdf

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

Schanilec -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 7:24:11 PM)

Thanks Junk. Gave it a download. I don't know if I need it but I have it just in case.
Accidently had three nice days here. Now it's back to normal.

Thanks again everyone for all your help and assistance.[&o]

junk2drive -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 7:53:42 PM)

If you are like me and don't own Adobe, this allows you to modify pdf so that you can copy and paste Jason's quote into your copy of the manual.

It also has a highlighter tool for people that like to do that to books.

Jason Petho -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 8:33:58 PM)

Does the blurb make sense on how it works?

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 9:09:10 PM)

I have Adobe here at work. I guess I could bring the disc here. Though it should read on the Vista at home.

Thanks much.

Jason Petho -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/18/2011 9:19:08 PM)

You can download the Adobe Reader here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

It will install on XP, Vista and 7.

It is free.

The above quote though is not in the Campaign Series manual, it is in the Modern Wars: Volume I manual (still working on writing it) but don't think I explained how the Extreme Assault works in the documents availabe in the Manual folder. So was hoping that the above quote about Extreme Assault would clarify how it actually works.

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/22/2011 8:31:29 PM)

I'll just swipe Adobe off my computer here at the office. Also free.

Thanks,

Jason Petho -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/22/2011 8:38:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

I'll just swipe Adobe off my computer here at the office. Also free.

Thanks,

Bonus!

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: Extreme Assault Clarification (2/23/2011 6:23:21 PM)

[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI