East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

USS Wyoming -> East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (2/18/2011 3:04:30 AM)

Greetings,
New to CS, but have already successfully started some West front PBEM's. Tried to do same with East front, but after starting scenario for PBEM and playing my side, I close it out and get the familiar "file ready for PBEM opponent" insert encryption and get...."error reading file" followed by eastfront.exe is closing.

Game appears to play fine in single player.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
USS Wyoming

Jason Petho -> RE: East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (2/18/2011 5:12:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS Wyoming

Greetings,
New to CS, but have already successfully started some West front PBEM's. Tried to do same with East front, but after starting scenario for PBEM and playing my side, I close it out and get the familiar "file ready for PBEM opponent" insert encryption and get...."error reading file" followed by eastfront.exe is closing.

Game appears to play fine in single player.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
USS Wyoming

Is the file being saved in the East Front folder?

Jason Petho

USS Wyoming -> RE: East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (2/19/2011 4:05:10 AM)

That's why I posted here. I re-checked where the file was being saved and...it was saving to the main folder, but not to the East Front folder. It is working.

I think that CS may be a wonderful substitute for one of my old favorites, Steel Panthers. I refuse to go through all the gyrations necessary to make that old favorite work as it should in Win7.

Thank you for the quick response and accurate diagnosis.

Jason Petho -> RE: East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (2/19/2011 11:31:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS Wyoming

That's why I posted here. I re-checked where the file was being saved and...it was saving to the main folder, but not to the East Front folder. It is working.

I think that CS may be a wonderful substitute for one of my old favorites, Steel Panthers. I refuse to go through all the gyrations necessary to make that old favorite work as it should in Win7.

Thank you for the quick response and accurate diagnosis.

No worries!

You might want to ensure you have the 1.04 UPDATE installed, as it should remedy this problem from the get-go.

Hope you are well
Jason Petho

USS Wyoming -> RE: East Front PBEM Set-Up Results In Error and Shutdown (2/19/2011 3:31:47 PM)

Yes, I updated to 1.04 after having problems in Westfront in PBEM. Thank you again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI