Hotkey 'A' not working? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

qqqqqq666 -> Hotkey 'A' not working? (2/26/2011 7:02:55 AM)

Hi again!

After not playing for some time i am giving a shot with the ROTS ver 1.501. In the vanilla game i thing that using Ctrl or Shift and clicking i could select some ships from the Ships and bases screen (filtered to the military ships). After that pressing 'A' i could activate their automation. Is this not true anymore? It is pretty tiresome to disband a manual fleet (for any reason :P ) and having to click on every former fleet ship to make them automatic.

Maybe (i hope) i am missing something.

Thanks

Data -> RE: Hotkey 'A' not working? (2/26/2011 8:49:53 AM)

I always do this from the main view. Try like this: select all the ships you want from the ships and bases screen, exit it and hit A.
If it worked in the vanilla it should work here as well.

Data -> RE: Hotkey 'A' not working? (2/26/2011 8:59:42 AM)

jumped quicly in a game, indeed the A is not working...neither is my workaround
it's an interesting one, if we don't find a way around it we should report it so that it is fixed once more. Good find, qqqqqq666

Data -> RE: Hotkey 'A' not working? (2/26/2011 9:03:28 AM)

i think i found someting. If you select all the military ships you want automated and make a fleet from them then you can automate the entire fleet (hit A while the entire fleet is selected in the main view). After this, even disbanding the fleet leaves them on auto.
Btw, I'm on the latest beta patch also; maybe it's important to note this.

qqqqqq666 -> RE: Hotkey 'A' not working? (2/26/2011 9:34:28 AM)

Thanks for the response Data. I am not using any beta patch though.

I will try the workaround later when i get back, but i am sure that this should be fixed once more.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI