Attrition losses in March 1942 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

micha1100 -> Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/27/2011 5:34:46 PM)

I'm playing a 1941 campaign game as Germany vs. a Soviet AI, using the official patch 1.02. I'm currently in March 1942 and notice that during the Soviet turns, with very little combat happening, the losses are very lopsided to the Axis disadvantage. For example in the last turn there was just one battle resulting in about 1000 casualties for each side. The losses screen after the Soviet turn showed 36000 losses for the Axis and about 4000 for the Soviet. What is the explanation for that? Do the Germans still suffer in Snow conditions and are unable to inflict significant attrition themselves?

2ndACR -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/27/2011 8:10:50 PM)

Yes, but mainly these are casualties caused by snipers, random artillery, patrols bumping into each other etc. The more of your army in contact with the enemy, the higher your attrition losses.

Angelo -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/27/2011 8:48:14 PM)

This is also a good exploit for the soviet player, as by having russian unit adjacent to german units you can cause casualties and fatigue without an attack.

Always try to have a units adjacent to the panzers and motorized divisions. [:D]

cookie monster -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/27/2011 8:56:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angelo

This is also a good exploit for the soviet player, as by having russian unit adjacent to german units you can cause casualties and fatigue without an attack.

Always try to have a units adjacent to the panzers and motorized divisions. [:D]

Its not an exploit! No free hexes for the Supermen Panzers!

micha1100 -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/28/2011 1:40:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Yes, but mainly these are casualties caused by snipers, random artillery, patrols bumping into each other etc. The more of your army in contact with the enemy, the higher your attrition losses.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I know about attrition, my question is whether it is normal that during a snow turn in March 1942 the Axis lose 35000 men to attrition and the Soviet only 3000. Or is there another explanation for the losses?

Zort -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/28/2011 1:59:32 PM)

Are you looking at the soviet attrition during their turn? You will only see the Soviet attrition after the soviet logistic phase.

micha1100 -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/28/2011 2:21:26 PM)

The numbers I used are those from the Losses screen shown after the end of the Soviet turn, I suppose that's after the German logistics phase.
But if those figures don't include Soviet attrition losses, how can I see those in a game against the AI? The game doesn't stop to show the results of the Soviet logistics phase. Also, if Soviet attrition losses are not included, where do the 3.000 Soviet casualties come from that did not happen through battles?

Zort -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/28/2011 2:36:11 PM)

The only way as the german to get a feeling of the sov attrition losses if to compare the sov losses between turns.  So if the sovs don't attack you, you can see their losses go up due to attrition.

Joel Billings -> RE: Attrition losses in March 1942 (2/28/2011 5:02:27 PM)

Since current and turn losses are zeroed out at the start of each player-turn, you never get to see the attrition losses suffered by your opponent. In my experience the Soviets suffer at least double the Axis losses on a normal turn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI