RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

sanch -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/6/2014 5:02:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop
Rockport, a smallish town near Port Aransas ...

Catching up on your AAR, but still have a long ways to go, I'm in my first game ever as IJ, in a PBEM no less, so I'm hopeful I can pick up a few good ideas.

My sister just moved to Rockport, from north of Houston. They have a nice place on a canal with a dock in the back yard for their boat. They really like the area, so could well retire there.

Cribtop -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/6/2014 11:04:42 PM)

Hey, Sanch. Glad you're reading. I'd love to hear any impressions or comments when you're done.

IMHO Rockport/Fulton is a hidden gem (although less hidden every year). Great place to retire or to be a "Winter Texan." I don't suppose they live in Key Allegro? That's where our place is and the description of canals sounds like it. Fun place.

sanch -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/8/2014 12:13:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop
I don't suppose they live in Key Allegro? That's where our place is and the description of canals sounds like it. Fun place.

Dunno, never been there. They live on a street called Neptune Drive, if that helps.

I'm in mid-April 42 in my PBEM (DBB-C with stacking limits), and my opponent has given me absolutely no gifts such as Sian or Wenchow. Plus, I'm nowheres near as methodical as you are (probably a bad thing for a JFB). None the less, I've done ok; got Singers within a week of historical, got Rangoon earlier, have Sumatra except for Sabang, mopping up on Java, just got PM, have the Solomons, etc. Got a bloody nose in the Aleutians tho (grrr), and have lost some small CV's.

Still, next time, I would certainly do some things differently, particularly on the eastern DEI, China and R&D fronts.

Cribtop -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/8/2014 2:19:17 AM)

Neptune is across the causeway from Key Allegro, but I know where it is. Very nice location with access to excellent fishing!

As for what you'd do differently, welcome to playing Japan. When time is not on your side it is easy to regret past moves! That said, it seems like you are doing well indeed. IMHO Japan is more interesting and fun to play as it is quite a challenge.

sanch -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/16/2014 11:19:33 PM)

Just finished your AAR. A smashing victory for you! And some good authoring along the way.

One disappointment, though - I was hoping to see how you would defend against the inevitable onslaught in '44 and later. It certainly looks like you were preparing for it, and the concept of reactive defense is intriguing.

Again, excellent AAR, and a great victory.

Cribtop -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (2/17/2014 1:01:42 AM)

Thanks, Sanch! Yes, I was looking forward to trying to stop the unstoppable avalanche in '44-'45. I definitely had some plans, many of which revolved around not losing the whole IJN for no reason, interlocking bases, combined kamikaze/conventional attacks, etc. Not sure it would have worked, but it would have been fun to try!

geoffreyg -> RE: Wait, I can't read Cuttlefish's new AAR? - Cribtop (J) vs CF (A) (12/25/2016 8:01:16 AM)

I enjoyed and found very useful this AAR from Cribtop so I thought it very much worth a bump!

Page: <<   < prev  71 72 73 74 [75]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI