Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Cyclop -> Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 12:12:34 PM)

Hi!

is there any possibility to change/mod current frontline map with the map similar to the one in War in the Pacific?

current map colors seem to be "washed away" and undersaturated, therefore i have much better "overlook" with the map look/colors like in War in the Pacific.

[image]local://upfiles/37721/2E57B60C6BB44466BB74041945949287.jpg[/image]

cookie monster -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 1:40:56 PM)

I use this map http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=1824&t=21803

You can get it without the town pictures by scrolling down and using the other link

I too dont like the washed out look of the stock map

Cyclop -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 2:09:33 PM)

Thanks for the answer!

The map from designmodproject.de is excellent!!! I really don't like the washed out look of the stock map so this is a refreshment!
Are there any other maps available? or some kind of editor for maps?

carnifex -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 3:32:46 PM)

Oh snap! That's my WITP planning map up there :) I forgot I made that - so many sorties ago.

goranw -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 4:58:25 PM)

Hi!
The look of game maps has many aspects.
Two big lines;
one in the direction towards "real maps" used in reality
and one towards strong coloured, high contrasted hex maps.
The end result is often a compromize.
Here are some well-known game maps.
( and some less known Ex. Road to Moscow, TOAW with hexsides)
One of the TOAW maps shows the smallest playable Barbarossa scenario ever.
Judge for your self!
GoranW

[image]local://upfiles/4588/74931ADE5CF24638AC37B71362ADD63B.jpg[/image]

Remmes -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 5:09:30 PM)

That's a nice collection of maps!

I would like to add another one: a original Ostheer map to compare with the others.

[image]local://upfiles/37550/681AB1200DB24760A4F78FEA6982AAA2.jpg[/image]

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 6:15:05 PM)

Personally, I like the stock map colours - for me they are a nice compromise between traditional board game maps and historical WW2 era maps. I like to play on a game surface that looks 'historical' when playing WW2. For WW3, I prefer something like Google Earth :)

Pipewrench -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 6:42:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Personally, I like the stock map colours - for me they are a nice compromise between traditional board game maps and historical WW2 era maps.

totally agree , the stock map is a very good map. the contrast and colors work great with the units and it does not distract the eyes from the task at hand.

GFelz -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 7:02:52 PM)

What a great collection to put everything in perspective. Thanks. I like the stock map. It is clearly functional with a good, easy display of all the necessary information to facilitate decision making.

Now that I am familiar with that information I chose to change maps for added flavor to my gaming experience. I use the Design Project map like Cookie. I find it easier on the eyes. I combine that with the unit brushed metallic mod counters. I like the slight 3d feel to the counter. (Its the Gloss+Metallic mod).

Now to really tweat my boat... round off all the corners for the counters. I have spent many an hour clipping the corners of counters when I played table tops. It looked great on the map and it helped prevent accidents when moving stacks amongst stacks. Oh and a good set of tweesers with a 45 degree bend near the end made it damn near perfect. [:)] I kinda miss table top gaming.

cookie monster -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 7:55:21 PM)

I use the DMP Special Map Mod 1 and Geyerfalcks counters. You can get them without the funky middle in the Landser edition.

The new trees around the cities I dont like. I have yet to mod them.

[image]local://upfiles/16737/7C266EA45EA74D5BA28286C12CE8515A.jpg[/image]

Commanderski -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/3/2011 11:31:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Personally, I like the stock map colours - for me they are a nice compromise between traditional board game maps and historical WW2 era maps.

totally agree , the stock map is a very good map. the contrast and colors work great with the units and it does not distract the eyes from the task at hand.

The mods and maps I've seen are really great works of art! But like the others above I prefer the stock maps and counters.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Frontline map - contrast, colors, saturation (3/16/2011 9:37:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyclop

Hi!

is there any possibility to change/mod current frontline map with the map similar to the one in War in the Pacific?

current map colors seem to be "washed away" and undersaturated, therefore i have much better "overlook" with the map look/colors like in War in the Pacific.

You mean something like this, maybe? Personally, I still prefer the original.

[image]local://upfiles/27287/6B41AD5CDFA74B2D93A1F2135A6B8CC5.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI