Is it alive ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword

veji1 -> Is it alive ? (3/3/2011 12:34:17 PM)

Just discovered this. Sounds great, reminds me of all the great time I had on the battleground series. A few questions :
1/ Is this alive ? It seems that most of the posting dates from 2010 so I wonder.
2/ If it is, can we get a proof of life such as say, a screenshot ?
3/ how nice, yet simple will the graphics be ? I say this because I loved the simple but great graphics of the Battleground series, while the later HPS titles had very blurry and messy ones.

Thanks in advance.

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/4/2011 3:38:04 AM)

1) Very much alive. A new build was released to the testers about a week ago, and I'm now writing the manual. Maps are being prepared. The main problem is that I still need to put together a bunch of scenarios, which will take time both to produce and to test.
2) We're very eager to be able to share screenshots, and as soon as Pixelpusher finishes the maps we'll post some. Stay tuned...
3) The graphics will be competitive with competing products.

veji1 -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/8/2011 12:11:07 PM)

Cool. I have long wanted to enjoy again that type of tactical game.. Looking forward to screenies and such.

Vasquez -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/8/2011 3:16:26 PM)

Cant wait for this one =) I hope the battles are detailed. I need a lot of smoke and order screaming colonels on my screen [:D]

Obsolete -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/8/2011 5:45:39 PM)

quote:

A new build was released to the testers about a week ago, and I'm now writing the manual.

I can 100% verify Gil's comment about the manual being in progress.

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/8/2011 8:37:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vasquez

Cant wait for this one =) I hope the battles are detailed. I need a lot of smoke and order screaming colonels on my screen [:D]

When the colonels get killed there will even be screaming lieutenant colonels! And when those guys are hit, screaming majors...

Vasquez -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/8/2011 8:56:03 PM)

yihaa [:D]

veji1 -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/11/2011 3:52:03 PM)

So if this is alive, where is the proof of life ?

Obsolete -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/11/2011 5:34:27 PM)

I'm sure Gil could work out a mathematical proof for that :P

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/11/2011 8:42:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: veji1

So if this is alive, where is the proof of life ?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I'm sure someone can write that up as mathematical notation.

veji1 -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/14/2011 10:03:35 AM)

sure but businesswise, keeping the forum somewhat alive by releasing tidbits wouldn't hurt, would it ?If not a major screenie, you might beta troops sprites or something like that you might be able to share ?

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/15/2011 8:15:32 PM)

Well, the troop sprites are the same ones used in "Forge of Freedom," so there's nothing new there. There was a time when I was posting discussions of features, and I could do a bit of that again, but the truth is that anything lengthy I write for the forum comes at the expense of work on the game. But you're right that it would be good to revive the forum.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/17/2011 6:43:14 PM)

Oh, it's alive alright. Right now, Obsolete and myself are locked in a titanic PBEM battle at Williamsburg. The final graphics are not implemented yet, so screenshots would probably be a disappointment at this stage. But the fighting is intense. [8D]

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by saying this...but terrain and command & control are very crucial elements of the gameplay.  

Obsolete -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/22/2011 4:42:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: veji1
If not a major screenie, you might beta troops sprites or something like that you might be able to share ?

Well, at least here is one from one of my favourite blasts from the past. :P

[image]http://willisnyc.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/shr4tend3.jpg[/image]

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (3/22/2011 5:46:09 AM)

In case anyone's wondering, one of several ways you can tell that's not BAB is that April 6, 1862 was Shiloh, and BAB#1 won't have Shiloh. (That will be BAB#3.)

veji1 -> RE: Is it alive ? (4/6/2011 4:30:26 PM)

Hi guys,

Not to be annoying but there have been no posts here in the last 2 weeks. You can't create a community and bit of buzz for a game without releasing something from time to time. I know you are all very busy, but could you keep us posted on the game's progress, and maybe, give us a little something ? screenie of a map or else..

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Is it alive ? (4/6/2011 8:52:56 PM)

Hi veji1,

I'll ask Gil today what we're allowed to say and if we're allowed to post pics. Like I said earlier, the graphics we're using right now are very basic and wouldn't knock your socks off. They are pretty much placeholder graphics. I have seen a sample of what the final graphics look like, though, and they look great.

Right now we're playing a lot of PBEM games and games against the AI and trying to find bugs. Gil(USA) and I(CSA) are having a very exciting PBEM game of the Wilson's Creek scenario right now. It's nip and tuck, and while I think he's probably going to win, I'm putting a lot of pressure on him on and around Bloody Hill. The terrain is wreaking havoc on command & control, and it's very challenging to keep my units in command and moving in the direction I want them to go.

I think it's allowed to say that this is going to be a game geared more to the grog. Beer & Pretzels it is not!

Gil R. -> RE: Is it alive ? (4/6/2011 11:45:40 PM)

Yeah, we're still stuck with the temporary map graphics. HOWEVER, here's a treat: as a way of helping the player orient himself on the larger map we have a "mini-map" in the lower right, in which a lighter box shows what's currently on the screen and the rest indicates major terrain features as well as known locations of other units, and I see no problem in sharing this graphic. So, here is the mini-map of our current Wilson's Creek PBEM game!

[image]local://upfiles/16018/13A4C2801F36468CBCDEF374373A34BF.jpg[/image]

Bamilus -> RE: Is it alive ? (4/7/2011 3:47:06 PM)

We finally get a picture from this elusive game :)

Looks good!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI