Distant Dreams (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

MaxyGamer -> Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 7:42:19 AM)

Hi guys,

I don't post often but when I do it's very, very, very important....very. In any case, the other day (night) a strange thing happened to me. I do dream of scary things sometimes and it's quite normal to do so. Call it light nighmares. Nothing too heavy. I also get to dream of some fun stuff at times like when I saw my ... never mind that.

However, I have never ever seen a game in my dreams. Honestly now perhaps you have but I haven't. Went to bed and saw distant worlds played in a dream of mine but no screen... Just me overlooking my ships and watching it all on auto mode. Felt as if I was watching this entire game all night long.

Other empires were in it... oh..and I did see my soon-to-become mother-in-law in the form of a world destroyer but that's the only thing that didn't belong in there. More of a real life feature than a dream that one. Do you think it's normal to dream of a game? if you've experienced any similar dream elements and they do disturb your peace of mind please do not hesitate to share.

I know a great guy who can help if you need any. My cousin is a great shrink. He drives a pricey vehicle and wears glasses. Must be good I guess.

Maxy

Data -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 7:45:59 AM)

I'm sure it would've happen to me as well as I constantly dreamed to be in Myst....but having a kid is a therapeutic experience in itself so no more game dreams until he grows up.
Then I hope to get them back [:)]

J HG T -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 9:03:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaxyGamer

Hi guys,

I also get to dream of some fun stuff at times like when I saw my ... never mind that.

...Do you think it's normal to dream of a game? if you've experienced any similar dream elements and they do disturb your peace of mind please do not hesitate to share.

I know a great guy who can help if you need any. My cousin is a great shrink. He drives a pricey vehicle and wears glasses. Must be good I guess.

As a grown up man I can perfectly understand what you almost wrote there. [:D]
We are all adults, you know. Well, most of us probably are. Why I did even wrote that? [8|]

I dream of games and movies all the time and I don't see anything strange in it. People dream of what they see. Simple as that. That's how the brains work.
In short: I wouldn't be too worried. A human being is more complicated but also more simple than we think of.

MartialDoctor -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 9:33:06 AM)

I believe you're playing Distant Worlds too much [;)]

I have dreamed of games before and have had friends who have.  The above is always the case.

Bingeling -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 9:42:17 AM)

Of course it is normal to dream of a game you play a lot, or that think about a lot.

Not that it is normal for me to remember anything about my dreams.

I remember dreaming about blockout when I was half asleep. More than once.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockout

Imagining a piece. "hm, this is not in the game".
Then rotating it in my head and finding. "Oh, it is just this one rotated".

That sega picture is version for kids that need good graphics. My version was played on a 286, I think, and had just lines. Yellow/golden lines...

Webbco -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 9:45:10 AM)

Haha, good post [:)]

I used to dream about Total Annihilation when it first came out. How sad. Still think it's the best RTS I've ever played [8D]

Data -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 9:54:20 AM)

How many of us are coming out of the woods / closets now....I feel normal again [:)]
Good job MaxyGamer, we have a support group [:D]

Wreck -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 4:13:33 PM)

I have dreamed about many games.  It happens when you are immersed in them, usually when you are up the learning curve a bit and picking up speed.  Your brain needs to sim the same or something.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 5:58:12 PM)

Playing DW for hours, right before bed, will cause me to continue to process things in my subconscience while asleep. I will continue to plan my next moves or have feelings that the enemy is about ready to sneak-attack my best colony and I can't stop them. This could end up being a nightmare. Once, I suddenly woke up and had this desire to play more DW to see if fears would become reality. I didn't tell my wife any of this. She already thinks I am goofy with computer gaming.

FoM

Data -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 6:52:16 PM)

That sounds very familiar....the goofy wife part [:)]

Bingeling -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 6:55:51 PM)

To go to a less creepy part of the same.

My mother was excellent at school results, so this probably worked too...

During school/studies...

If she struggled to understand anything, she would make sure to read up on it when going to bed. When she woke up she would understand the things she woke about.

Maybe a more useful thing at school problems than DW game possibilities. But less fun too.

tjhkkr -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/9/2011 11:58:26 PM)

Well, I just took a solemn high nap, and I dreamt about this forum... and mightily scared I was when I awoke.

Simulation01 -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 2:36:37 AM)

I have vivid dreams a lot.  LOL  I have dreamed of startrek style warfare in space( it was better than any movie I have ever seen... I didn't want to wake up).

martok -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 6:27:05 AM)

I've had lots of dreams involving some of my PC games over the years, particularly if they're games I've spent a lot of time playing. I don't think I've had any dreams involving Distant Worlds -- yet -- but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to happen.

thiosk -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 9:46:41 AM)

The two games that spawned the most dreams for me are somewhat strange. The big one was Tribalwars-- an always on multiplayer game where you build villages and attack people. I would have nightmares of my city gates swinging open as enemy catapults pour through. I would sleep in 4 hour shifts while I played that game.

The other one was Kingdom of Loathing.
Those were weird dreams.

MaxyGamer -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 12:27:14 PM)

[;)]

....Now -->I<--- feel weird about not seeing games in my dreams before DW. Seen movies (terminator 2, Wallace and Gromit, etc).... Seen lot's of things. I usually see some things that I need to do, tasks to complete in real life getting them done/completed in my dreams only then to wake up and realise that I haven't done anything yet and that it was all a dream... great dissapointment those moments are indeed.

Making presentation for the boss, doing shopping for my gir...I mean my other boss... I wake up and realise I have to do it all again. But I've done that! I swear. Yes it was in a dream but that's not the point, is it. Don't make me go through that again..please...

Is there a general topic kind of an area in the forum?

MaxyGamer -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 12:30:27 PM)

1. I spelled disappointment wrong.

2. My post count is now 20.

thiosk -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 6:14:25 PM)

quote:

2. My post count is now 20.

A fleeting accomplishment.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/10/2011 7:37:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

I have vivid dreams a lot.  LOL  I have dreamed of startrek style warfare in space( it was better than any movie I have ever seen... I didn't want to wake up).

Simulation01....have you been hanging out with Data in Igards'
Romulan Ale cellar on Romulus without us knowing? [sm=00000436.gif]

[:D]

Simulation01 -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 12:41:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

Simulation01....have you been hanging out with Data in Igards'
Romulan Ale cellar on Romulus without us knowing? [sm=00000436.gif]

[:D]

What can I say...I'm a trekkie, and Romulan Ale is only illegal when in Federation space.[:D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 2:59:25 AM)

What can I say...I'm a trekkie, and Romulan Ale is only illegal when in Federation space.[:D]

GREAT ANSWER.... [:D]

MaxyGamer -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 8:16:01 AM)

hehe ...A fleeting accomplishment indeed! [:D][:D][:D]

Merker -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 1:04:27 PM)

Arrr, well, I be dreamin' o' games every time I get too excited about a game, for example before buying it I be imaginin' the gameplay. Unfortunately, the side effect of this is, I might get disappointed when I play the actual game since my imagination tends to run way too wild sometimes....

Shark7 -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 2:14:59 PM)

I too have had dreams about games.

I do know what triggers it though, when I stay up playing the game too late into the morning (IE the last time this happened I went to bed at sunrise...oops!) I will dream about the game. Most likely because I am 1. very tired and 2. the game was the last thing I did before sleep.

Data -> RE: Distant Dreams (3/11/2011 3:32:44 PM)

quote:

2. the game was the last thing I did before sleep

We should really try to do other fun stuff before we sleep. There is actually something more fun than games...if mois remembers correctly [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI