Version Compatability (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

wga8888 -> Version Compatability (3/9/2011 11:07:42 PM)

I have a original pre Admiral edition game, not yet played. My SPI War in the Pacific opponent from the 1980s has resurfaced and we would like to play this game. Two avoid each of us buying the Admiral edition, would the admiral edition be compatable with my version for a pbem game? Or do I seek to buy a second copy or the pre-admiral edition somewhere.

Is it recommeded to play Uncommon Valor first?

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Version Compatability (3/10/2011 2:27:33 AM)

Hello wga and welcome,

WITP and WITP-AE are two different games.

WITP still has an ugly bug. You can run out of slots for pilots toward the end of a game. Players have to do some silly work arounds for that. Maybe that bug will be patched some day, but I have to say that AE has captured all of the attention and effort for the moment.

I encourage you and your friend to buy the Admiral's Edition. That game is richer, and it is certainly active.

I have played Uncommon Valor. It was fun, but it was just a taste of what you get with WITP or AE.

rtrapasso -> RE: Version Compatability (3/11/2011 1:13:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wga

I have a original pre Admiral edition game, not yet played. My SPI War in the Pacific opponent from the 1980s has resurfaced and we would like to play this game. Two avoid each of us buying the Admiral edition, would the admiral edition be compatable with my version for a pbem game? Or do I seek to buy a second copy or the pre-admiral edition somewhere.

Is it recommeded to play Uncommon Valor first?

i am not sure of your exact question... WITP (original) and AE can exist on the same machine at the same time, but they are two different games.

The files are not compatible.

i wouldn't bother with Uncommon Valor... you can play a "small scenario" of Guadalcanal on WITP or AE if you want to which covers the same period.

tocaff -> RE: Version Compatability (3/11/2011 1:22:33 AM)

UV will give you a taste, WITP will throw much more at you and AE will add additional realism, complexities and micromanagement.

They are 3 different games so like it was already mentioned, they aren't going to share files.

Which one is for you depends on how much control of things that you want and the complexity that you're willing to deal with.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI